Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snowespider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2014, 08:14 PM
    95 Honda Civic, dies when warmed up
    It started with the car ding when it warmed up. You could let it set a few minets and it wold start back up for a few minets and it wold die agen. We have replaced the cap, rotor, coil, and foul filter. It still dies when warmed up but it will start right back up but has no power. Can any one help?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2014, 11:11 PM
    I'm no expert, but my '84 Honda Civic did that. The dealership said that there was nothing wrong. I put in gas treatment. It was a small bottle we bought and just emptied it into the gas tank. It worked!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2014, 04:49 AM
    Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) inside the distributor. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM, otherwise it won't last long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda crx si dies at idle once warmed up [ 4 Answers ]

I completed my engine (D16A6 replaced by SOHC ZC with intake from original engine) swap for my 91 CRX Si. The engine fires and warms up. (seems to idle a little low, around 500 rpm; and maybe a little rougher than my D16A6. But, the guy I bought the ZC from said he put a bisimoto cam for a...

Honda civic 1991 dies [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Honda Civic LX 9l and a few days ago, when I run it works well but spend a few minutes and dies, I switch it on again and it works well and dies check the fuel pump and also it's okay to change the main relay but still Like I need help please

1990 hONDA Civic DX dies [ 1 Answers ]

This car will be fine then it cuts out runs ruff then dies. Pull off road sit and wait about 10 15 minutes restart and good to go for another 20 miles or so.

John deere mower dies after it's warmed up [ 2 Answers ]

My 255 John Deere mower dies after I've been mowing about ten minutes and has no fire at all. After it has completely cooled off it starts right up but will just die again after it has gotten warmed up. Is this possibly the electronic ignition going out? When it dies I've held plug wire and ground...

90 Honda Civic RPM fluctuates erratically when warmed up [ 6 Answers ]

I have had the same issue with my car for the past few years. Basically, the RPM fluctuates erratically when it is warmed up. For example, if I have driving for a while (let’s say 30 minutes) and shut off my engine, then start it without giving it time to cool down, it begins to act up. Same thing...

View more questions Search