Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jj675 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2014, 01:24 PM
    Why does it say in this book 'a history of europe' ? (read below)
    Why does it say in this book 'a history of europe' " in what is called the upper paleolithic the period down to the close of the last ice age"? I don't get this. Why does it say, " in what is called the upper paleolithic, THE PERIOD DOWN TO THE CLOSE OF THE ICE AGE, humans living in Europe were >>>ALREADY<<< physiologically distinctive......
    and this part where it says>>> " Cultural and technological influences come second only to the genetic in making possible successful survival and a growing mastery of nature. Homo sapiens all round the world mastered and passed down from generation to generation many important skills >>> ****ALREADY DISCOVERED**** and much refined ****EVEN BEFORE THE LAST ICE AGE BEGAN**** EDIT: I don't think this is inappropriate. I need to know the meaning/context.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2014, 01:43 PM
    Why does it say this? Because that's the history.

What part are you having trouble understanding?

in what is called the upper paleolithic, THE PERIOD DOWN TO THE CLOSE OF THE ICE AGE, humans living in Europe were >>>ALREADY<<< physiologically distinctive......
    First thing to do is look up the meaning of paleolithic. It will describe what they mean. After looking that up, what do you think they mean when they say that humans living in Europe were already physiologically distinctive?

Cultural and technological influences come second only to the genetic in making possible successful survival and a growing mastery of nature. Homo sapiens all round the world mastered and passed down from generation to generation many important skills >>> ****ALREADY DISCOVERED**** and much refined ****EVEN BEFORE THE LAST ICE AGE BEGAN
    First, I really hope that you didn't copy the book exactly. If you did, what's with all the arrows, and all the uppercase writing? Very poorly written if this is how it was written in the book.

Break this down.

What are genetics? What are cultural and technological influences? Why are genetics more important in this case? You learn how to live based on how you live, and you learn to adapt and survive. That's a hint.

So, do you know what Homo sapiens are? They passed down their knowledge to future generations, and because all humans grow, and explore, and learn to do things better, they learned how to improve the skills they already knew.

Break down everything, look up the words you don't understand, and then apply it to what's written. I've given you a lot of hints, but I won't do the work for you, you have to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What book is this about 3 girls going west usa to live (from europe) [ 2 Answers ]

It was a trilogy in one book It was a about 3 girls and each "section" was focused on 1 girl. So 3 girls- 3 stories but they were all entertwined because they all ended up in the same town. One was taken by a farmer and his family and she ended up married to a doctor (maybe a doctor herself too)...

What is a good book to read about New England history? [ 3 Answers ]

Our family (myself, wife and two boys) going on a trip starting in Boston and traveling down to DC. We have a week there and really want to use this as an opportunity to learn about American revolutionary history. Any books or things to do while on our trip would be great. Thanks in advance.

Need a book title... I read this book in high school [ 1 Answers ]

The book starts with the main character Renee she's in HS living in a busy city she is popular and she caught the eye of an attractive guy but her parents made a choice to move to a small town and so she and her family is now in a smal town where she has to start all over again... In the book...

I used to read this book back in elementary school. It's a children's Book.Can you help [ 1 Answers ]

It's about a poor wandering boy that's hungry who winds up at this ugly old woman's house and asks for food but she only has these different types of vegetables and other thing. They decide to make a soup and they begin to put different things from vegetables to a dogs chewed up bone

View more questions Search