Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jul 25, 2014, 11:27 AM
    What is Thrift store?
    Hi, I want to know that the stuffs over there is it like the used one or second hand and they have repaired it and then selling? I don't know!
    - Is it like you always find a good deal there?
    - Is it a good idea to buy something from there, what r the things we can buy or we shouldn't any suggestions!
    - what is the amount of price difference we should look for in the stuff there?
    Thanks for your suggestions in advance!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2014, 12:01 PM
    Thrift stores USUALLY sell used donated things.(Goodwill and Salvation Army are two exaples that have them, there are many others).. sometimes its new but thats usually the exception when it is. There are some food stores that are thrift stores (the old Hostess had them were they sold stuff near the experation date for steep discounts)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2014, 12:17 PM
    In addition to thrift stores, you can find consignment shops. Similar to thrift stores, but people can sell their gently used items to the shop, and then the shop will resell them for a bit higher price.

You can find consignment shops that sell high end items/name brand clothing, ones that sell baby/children items and clothing, ones that are geared more for younger age groups, ones for women, maternity consignment shops, and ones that just sell men's clothing.

They have become popular for many to get a good bargain and save money.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jul 25, 2014, 05:52 PM
    I got it! Thanks @doulaLC and @smoothy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thrift store [ 5 Answers ]

What do I need to start a thrift store

Thrift Store ? [ 0 Answers ]

Me and my Boyfried Always End up with extra this and that, and were always selling stuff on kijiji.ca, But what I'm Wondering is what is all needed to open a thrift store? Well I figure if me and him are always posting adds OK kijiji then it would be easer to open a store but I have no idea how or...

Thrift store [ 3 Answers ]

I have a thrift store in lovejoy, Georgia and I personal resources to start this but I am having trouble with advertising and getting people to come. I need suggestions as to what I can do? I also need help with word of mouth advertising .I am asking for prayer from everyone Please! I am located at...

Thrift store [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how to start my thrift store and how to keep ig going good. We have the things I need to know how to keep people coming back.thank you very much. Will I need to spend a lot of money to keep this going?is the inside of the store a good start.like the painting and the colors.

Thrift Store [ 2 Answers ]

What are the major things to starting a thrift store business?

View more questions Search