Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AY26 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2014, 11:40 AM
    Removable vs fixed braces
    Hi.
    I want to ask that my incisors are not aligned my age is 25. So what is the best option for me to have fixed or removable braces?
    And approx how much time they both take?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2014, 12:11 PM
    Hello AY26,
    There is no way anyone can give you answers to your questions here. Your best bet would be to have a consultation with an orthodontist (a dentist who specializes in braces) who can give you an accurate cost and length of time the treatment will take. The Invisilign (removable braces) are effective in some cases but not all.

Aug 15, 2014, 05:04 AM
    Is veneer OK for crooked teeth?
    My dentist recommended veneer is it OK to have it?
    He also pull out my 1 tooth and instead of that will set an artificial one?
    Above procedure is all right?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 15, 2014, 06:07 AM
    Yes and yes
    That being said, we can't possibly know if you have a good dentist, and if what he is doing is what your teeth need.
    My theory of anything done to my body is to research each test, treatment, surgery, drug, and cause of whatever the problem is. Be an informed patient.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 15, 2014, 06:09 AM
    Not knowing the full story of your dental history leaves me with only a partial answer. The tooth he pulled out was too bad to save?

Nothing wrong with veneer, it is used regularly when a person wants a decent looking mouth and it corrects many imperfections. It certainly over rides more expensive ways of permanent bridges.

Where is the tooth located in your mouth that he pulled out, if at the back of the mouth, you will not need a replacement.

You certainly have the option of getting a second opinion by another dentist.

Aug 15, 2014, 08:00 AM
    It is lateral incisor and pushed back. He said by braces it would take much time to be in right position.
    If veneer has the life span up to 10,20 years what should I do after this time?

After removing the tooth he implant new one and make space with the adjustment of veneer on 4 to 5 teeth.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 15, 2014, 08:21 AM
    You don't have any options after veneers wear or chip off is to replace them. Have you considered crowns ! The cost is about the same per tooth.

Aug 15, 2014, 09:42 AM
    Are Crown better option??
    browncharles Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2014, 02:07 AM
    Both fixed as well as removable braces will make your work done. Removable braces will require cleaning regularly after having your meal. Whereas fixed will make your work very swiftly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removable Chair Rail Moulding? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there such a thing as 'removable' chair rail moulding (no nail or adhesive holes)?

Removable walls [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a bathroom in my basement approimately 8'x9'. The plumbing & venting is alreading in place and under the concrete. The sewer & cleanout traps are located in the concrete at the corner of the room and are located next to outside walls (closest to the street) My problem is the toilet &...

Name removable from wa st title [ 3 Answers ]

I have sold several cars, the people I've sold them to have failed to transfer the titles into there name, so it states that those vehicles are still in my name when state offices look up my info. Q. how to remove my name from those titles even on top of having already sent the seller receipt Ive...

Removable Storage Service [ 1 Answers ]

I have an HP DAT usb connected to a brand new Dell Optiplex computer running XP SP2. I set the service Removable Storage on automatic and start the service. The service becomes disabled and therefore my tape backup does not run. Is there a property in services that I missed?

View more questions Search