Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Jul 24, 2014, 11:31 AM
    Dieting help
    So I have been eating a lot healthier. I have been cooking my own food and not eating out at fast food. I haven't been drinking soda either. I don't know what the problem is. I'm gaining a few pounds and I don't know why that's happening because I'm eating and drinking better. Its not like I'm huge but I want to loom better. Do any of you have any tips and any ideas as to why I'm gaining weight?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 01:02 PM
    You have to burn more calories then you are consuming, so you have to walk or run, or exercise to do that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 01:12 PM
    Just cooking at home doesn't mean you are eating healthier.

I eat fast food at least 3 times a week and have recently lost 25 pounds.

What is your diet like? As Tick suggested, you need to add exercise to your diet.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 02:11 PM
    Fast food can be really healthy and there are a lot of healthy fast food options. When you get to the Sodas and the French Fries you start to get into trouble because that is easily mobilized and stored sugars. Read about the Glycemic Index to understand this concept. Cooking and consuming your own food can be dangerous too because you control what goes in and you can put in some unhealthy stuff.

A healthy diet can be balanced out by a good exercise routine if you're looking to lose weight. The important thing to remember as you start your regime is that muscle is heavier than fat and if you start burning fat you will start making muscle. You will lose inches but gain weight. It is better to go for an image or measurements other than weight that are realistic for your body shape. Getting hung up on your weight will lead to sadness.

Jul 24, 2014, 04:04 PM
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I do exercise a little but not as much as I should. Well when I ate at fast food places I would eat badly but I have been using a site that has healthy food choices so I have been using that to cook.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 25, 2014, 06:22 AM
    Oh good. Add some exercise to your regime and you should see the weight starting to go down.

Jul 25, 2014, 10:20 PM
    Alright will do thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mum and dieting? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the best way to diet because my mums on her diet and keeps secretly cheating when my dads not home :) I love my mum. I don't really want her to be to skinny or worried about her weight. :( Thank you, Please reply x

Dieting tips? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 16, and rather ashamed of my weight. Im not a "big" girl, but I dislike my stomach and thighs. I weigh 74.3kg and I am roughly 170cm +. I don't want to become a twig, and Im well aware that exersizing will help, but I know my eating choices are wrong, I want to be at least 55kg, maybe 60kg...

Dieting [ 1 Answers ]

I am 28years old and I weigh 67 kgs. I want to reduce my weight to 50kgs. I had already planned my own diet like- morning 3 marie biscuits with half cup tea. 10:30 am one bowl sprouts. Then an apple at 12 noon. At 1:00 pm , I take some salads, curry with a very little oil, saag and dal without...

Urgent need of dieting [ 4 Answers ]

Any good, fast working diets, without excersice. Just had surgery and can't go to the gym till January! I need to lose like 15 pounds 3-6 weeks, Impossible I know but please try help? I'm stuck

Periods with dieting [ 7 Answers ]

Why does dieting effect your period? I'm currently on a diet just to lose 10 pounds, does that mean my period will not come/be late? Can this be avoided?

View more questions Search