Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emile3363 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2014, 09:08 AM
    Find Movie Title by Plot
    An old black and white. The protagonist is in an apartment, looking down at the dark street with people walking. Yet there are a small group of people standing, looking up at him. He ends up with a female psychoanalysis, who he falls in love with, who hypnotizes him. He discovers that he survived a train wreck and/ or fire from where he walked away without helping others. That's all I can recollect. Except for the ending, which I won't post so as not to ruin the film for others. It may have been a Hitchcock/ Cary Grant... but unsure.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 10:26 AM
    It would help to search for your movie if you post the ending. If you're concerned about spoiling it, just put **SPOILER** in your post.
    tancindy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2014, 07:08 PM
    Sketchy, but you may be talking about "Spellbound", a Hitchcock thriller starring Ingrid Bergman and Gregory Peck. The train wreck/fire doesn't fit but Peck was burned in a war time airplane battle in the movie. "Spoiler" - Ultimately, it was a childhood accident in which he was unable to prevent his brother's death which was responsible for his neurosis. And, yes, he does fall in love with Bergman, his psychoanalyst, but there is much more to the plot including a murder and assumed identity. Hope this helps.

I may be way off track though because I, also, vaguely remember seeing a movie in which a man walks away from a train crash (without helping) who is later tormented by guilt. Beyond that, I have no other recollection.
    tancindy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find Movie Title by Plot [ 2 Answers ]

Movie set in pre-WW2 US. Involves a spy trying to escape from the US from a remote house near Canada. The Spy was a well-known public figure with some (If I recall) hidden German sympathies. The character was supposedly modeled after a real US pro-German public figure. I think it was also...

Find Movie Title by Plot [ 0 Answers ]

The film was were a black guys rapes and kills a white girl. He gets arrested for nothing because he was a black in a white district but then the police find evidence on him to suggest he committed rape. When it goes to court the evidence is suppressed so the father of the murdered girl kills the...

Trying to find a movie title by plot or description [ 1 Answers ]

Movie is about 2 young boys who are murdered 50 yrs apart and is solved by the 2nd boys father who is a deputy sheriff the father of the 1st boy murdered has 3 sons mathew mark and luke. The father of the second boy has only one son and is kidnapped from a café when the father is using the restroom

I need help to find a movie title or actors names (have basic plot) [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find out the title of a movie or name of an actor in a movie I saw maybe 6 months ago on television. I missed the beginning of the movie and do not recall everything accurately. It is very entertaining, funny and romance. I believe it deals with a guy that has a dilema between his...

Find movie title from plot [ 3 Answers ]

Im not sure what year this movie was made, or who the characters are, but here is part of the plot. A young man is looking for his father who is a judge. The judge has had a sexual encounter with a young lady, and she is demanding that he resign or she will press charges. The boy finds his father,...

View more questions Search