Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wost100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2014, 03:22 AM
    Canine bone weird growth
    I don't quite remember having this piece of bone on my canine tooth, and yesterday I saw it. imgur: the simple image sharer as you can see, the lower canine tooth has a little bone grown over there. Any idea what that is ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 04:33 AM
    It isn't bone, and is not possible. Your teeth are anchored in bone. What you are probably seeing is a bit of receding gum line with the portion of the tooth, that is under the gumline, exposed. You obviously have braces on your teeth, so next time you are at your orthodontist, point this out to him if it alarms you
    wost100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2014, 12:49 PM
    I am talking about the upper part of the lower canine tooth
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2014, 12:58 PM
    Bone won't grow on teeth. If you are doubtful, ask your dentist so he can clearly see what you are looking at
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2014, 02:09 PM
    It actually looks like tooth enamel or ortho cement. Check with your orthodontist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump behind ear more like a bone growth than flesh [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had it examined and I have never taken it to anyone.its about the size of a nickel in circular size but its not like a lump like how you would call a horn under the skin as its rounded top gets wider and flattens onto the side of my skull.. its been there since I can remember and I...

My dog is acting weird after eating chewing on a raw ham bone? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 6 year old male boston terrier and earlier we gave him and a female 4 year old boston a bone as well. Earlier today the girl vomitted but she is fine. The male is drooling and vomit like snot keeps seeping from his nose. He won't drink but he looks thirsty. Help?

Clarification whether is it bone spur or bone tumor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello doctor, my mother(45+ years) has bone spur(tissue like projection) in the foot from the foot x-ray and scan taken. now I have a doubt that whether is it a bone tumor or bone spur. because sometimes she has fever, chills and little night sweat, vomiting and tenderness, swelling.

How does weed affect bone growth? [ 8 Answers ]

On the 18th of April I have broken my right collar bone and I have got until mid July to wait for it to completely heal. I am wearing a sling and it doesn't really hurt that much anymore at all. Last time I have seen my doctor a few days ago he told me to quit smoking marijuana for it does not help...

Weird growth/odor in toilet tank [ 5 Answers ]

We have a very unusual growth in the bottom of all three of our toilet tanks. They are white/greyish and look a little like a tumor. We have also noticed an increasing odor and are not sure if the growth is causing the odor (although that seems to be a likely cause). Does anyone know what this...

View more questions Search