Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amit0000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2014, 09:06 AM
    My Acer laptop is not turning up after I changed something in MSCONFIG. My OS is wind
    My Acer laptop is not turning up after I changed something in MSCONFIG. My OS is windows XP. When I press power button the screen becomes dark and I am getting options like SAFE MODE, SAFE MODE IN Networking, SAFE MODE with comand prompt, Last known good configuration and start windows normally etc.

When I click enter for any of the options displayed, it seems like processing but nothing happens. The same page returns again. I can't move beyond these options. I tried to enter F8 then advanced option comes but again I can't do anything. When I click on Disable Automatic Restart a blue screen appears with error. Note: I can go to set up by hitting F2.

Please suggest me what to do. I have many important documents in C drive.

If no other option available then can I install XP through pen drive? And what is the process?
    GKKimber Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2014, 06:27 PM
    Why the MSCONFIG was messed with doesn't matter now. Most laptops come with a hidden partition that you can restore your laptop, unless you have made backups.
    Check the Acer site for restoration. F10 or something like for the netbooks, not laptops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acer laptop [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having issues with my laptop I bought at a pawn shop an I want to know if it's safe to factory reset it? Will it fix my drivers n such?

How do reboot my acer laptop [ 2 Answers ]

I don't remember the administrator password and I want reboot and wipe the computer clean as if it was a brand new computer

ACER Laptop's keyboard. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ACER ASPIRE 5100, and the keyboard all of a sudden is acting strange. The "j" types a "1", the "k" types a "2", the "m" a "0", but 90 percent of the other keys type fine. I have not spilt anyhing on it or dropped, outside of cleaning it with a slightly damp paper towel. Don't know...

View more questions Search