Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dswwi5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2005, 10:06 PM
    Icons missing from desktop on Windows XP
    I have a elderly client that I recently visted for a beginners training session. Somehow... the icons on her DESKTOP are gone... the icons on her desktop are goneHow do I get them back on the desktop. Thank you. [email protected]
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2005, 10:16 PM
    Missing Icons
    Minimise any open windows, then Right click anywhere on the desktop.

Select "Arrange Icons by"

Click on "Show Desktop Icons"

Hope this is of help to you.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2005, 05:29 AM
    Another thing to check:
    • Yet again, minimize everything.
    • Right click on the desktop and choose "Properties"
    • Click on the "Desktop" tab
    • Click on the "Customize Desktop" button
    • There should be a section called "Desktop Icons". Make sure the ones you want are showing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transparent icons and disable desktop [ 3 Answers ]

:) :) :) Hello experts! Can you help me disable the active desktop and enjoy transparent icon background? I'm referring to Windows xp. Thank you ALL very much! Ahuva :confused:

Removing Icons from Desktop [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a clear view of background wallpaper without any icons? How do you remove My Computer, My Network Places and the Trash Can from the desktop?

Missing icons on desktop [ 3 Answers ]

On this PC I am using Windows 98 For no apparent reason when I was browsing "VIEW" the multiple short cut icons disappeared from the desktop backgound. I cannot find a way to get them back onto screen. Can any kind person help please?

Windows desktop [ 1 Answers ]

When I click on a shortcut item on my desktop, the message "windows cannot find browser.exe" "This program is needed for opening files of type "URL: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol" How can I be able to click on shorcut and have the web page brought up. Any help in correcting this problem would be...

Windows Desktop [ 1 Answers ]

Over time as I install/add new programs, the right portion of my window become populated with additional icons. I believe that these items eats up much memory. The listing of items automatically loaded each time I turn my PC on can be viewed by activating <Alt> <Ctrl> <Del>. For my PC I...

View more questions Search