Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 06:08 AM
    FAA issues travel ban for US airliners into Israel
    Would you say that with that action ,the US government has joined the BDS movement against Israel ?

Sec State John F. Kerry flew into Ben Gurion Int. Airport despite the ban ,defying the warning and the obvious danger of a random rocket making it through the Iron Dome. When putting away his reading material before landing he got a paper cut . He is now in line for another Purple Heart .

but I digress.
    It has always been a goal of Hamas to shut down Ben Gurion . Well done US !! You have given them tremendous leverage in their Cairo negotiations. Kerry has implied on more than one occassion that US commerce with Israel could be affected if they don't kow-tow to our will.

The terms of the ceasefire deal are emerging .They include opening the check point at Rafah into Sinai with Fatah’s militias to control the crossing .The deal also allows Gaza a "fishing zone" (ie smuggle in arms via the sea ) ,and an end to Israel’s naval blockade of Gaza. Hamas also wants the reconstruction of the Yasser Arafat Airport in the Rafah (air delivery of weapons ) .It is unclear if Israel will nix any of the terms .
    The best part of the deal is that Qatar will provide $$$$ for Hamas "salaries" (ie money to buy more weaponry ).Oh yeah ;and Hamas is demanding the release of 60 Hamas officials arrested by Israel in the West Bank in response to the kidnapping and murder of the three Israeli teens.
    Hamas is holding out because they wanted to create a 'mass-casualty event' so they can claim victory . Not sure if the 13 Israeli soldiers KIA qualifies. The closing of Ben Gurion clearly is a Hamas victory .
    Look for Kerry to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 07:09 AM
    No Tom I think it is sensible, you can't have business as usual and a war. Besides rockets have fallen close to Ben Gurion and noone wants a repeat of the Ukraine that would give the palestinians a victory and noone wants that.Any way your headlines is a beatup

And after a rocket launched from Gaza landed within a mile of Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv, the agency banned flights from the United States to Israel for 24 hours.

Hamas needs a rocket shoved right up you know where
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 07:21 AM
    If you can find them. That's the problem, they can't find Hamas and blowing up everything in Gaza hasn't stopped the rockets, or Hamas. Israel is playing the terrorist game and will pay a huge price.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 07:37 AM
    and blowing up everything in Gaza hasn't stopped the rockets
    is that what you think ? that Israel is "blowing up everything" ?

No Tom I think it is sensible
    Everyone else is still flying in . If it's sensible then why only a 24 hr restriction ? No ;it's designed to send a message to Israel.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jul 23, 2014, 08:01 AM
    Kerry's daddy is Jewish, wonder why he is so anti? The guy could do Scarecrow in a modern remake of the"Wizard of Oz".
    Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 08:11 AM
    The ban is limited to 24 hours and give Israel time to ramp up its security measures and then be reevaluated.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 08:31 AM
    As I said before the message to Israel is you can't have a war and business as usual, civilians have to be protected and it is a sensible protection not just imposed by the US. Cease fire has been called for, don't know what else you can do but keep your cotton pickin nose out of it for once, but no, Kerry is looking for a nomination out of this. You think Israel has gone the terrorist road, but the palistinians just don't get the message, keep your head down, stop the argy bargy, and things might improve after a while, but hey no one said Israel or Gaza were free countries, each has its own problems and I certainly would not like to live next to a potential terrorist
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 09:14 AM
    I don't think Israel as gone the terrorist road at all. This is what I think . Israel was told "land for peace" . They gave up the land ,and got an endless barrage of missiles instead . They were told if you don't give up land for peace then you suffer the consequences of BDS . Instead ,now they are suffering effective BDS for the audacity of defending themselves ;and they have most of the world ;including the so called civilized world rooting for their destruction.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 09:33 AM
    JF Kerry was forced to undergo a metal detector screening before seeing Egyptian President Sissi . Now why would he be subject to that humiliation ? Perhaps it's because we supported the Hamas backed Muslim Brotherhood terror network during the Arab Spring ? The same network that is attacking Egypt today across the Libyian border . Yes Libya ,the nation we made safe for jihadists.
    Gunmen attack Egypt troops, killing 21 near Libya | News24
    Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 09:36 AM
    Everybody is at war, screw the spin.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 09:48 AM
    The ban is limited to 24 hours and give Israel time to ramp up its security measures and then be reevaluated
    They have been extended ;and will continue to be until Israel succumbs to the will of the emperor and his Grima Wormtongue ,JF Kerry.
    Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 09:59 AM
    Can you conservatives do without soaring rhetoric? The FAA has its own security interests. Like safety of planes, crew, and passenger. And what kind of DUFUS expects tourists while terrorists are shooting missiles at him?
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 10:58 AM
    Israel continues to have tourism . These rocket attacks did not start last week . They have been continuous since they surrendered Gaza for peace. They have had tourist even though the missile attacks on Israel average 3 every day since 2001.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 11:23 AM
    Gave Hamas a nice propaganda victory.
    Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 11:38 AM
    Propaganda is BS.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2014, 12:14 PM
    Good for them.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2014, 12:24 PM
    This from the administration responsible for Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Persecution by the IRS, and the open doors policy for illegals, etc, etc, um... ok...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2014, 12:52 PM
    The FAA ban is to protect US citizens. Is that the wrong thing to do?
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2014, 01:47 PM
    a rocket landed a mile away from the airport . If I wanted to go to Israel ,I'd fly El Al anyway . All they really are doing is punishing Israel and travelers who want to go there . Like I said ,Israel has lived under the constant threat of missile strikes for a decade .

Propaganda is BS.

not in this case. Israel doesn't want all out war . But now the perception in most of the world will be that Hamas forced Israel to accept a cease fire on Hamas terms.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2014, 02:05 PM
    You'd think they would have banned going near the Mexican border after arming all the drug lords on the other side of it with automaic weapons. That was and remains a far greater threat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 years ago I was charged with fraud is there a restriction to travel to Israel? [ 0 Answers ]

Six years ago I was charged with fraud can I travel to Israel?

How to apply for travel ban in bahrain [ 0 Answers ]

Since I found some one did crime to employee as well doing business against the Bahrain law. I wish to approach the concerned authority for his travel ban. Could anybody please guide me? Regards Sri

Travel ban [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend was illegally in the US. He went back to Honduras. I want to file for a fiancée visa so we can get married but I was told that there may be a travel ban on him. Is this true? How do I find out? And can I get it removed? Please help

How can you remove travel ban to Dubai. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, one of my friends went to Dubai about 7 years ago on a visit visa. While he was interviewing at a small company for a job, the police arrested him. The allegation was that a visitor is not allowed to work while on a visit visa. My friend was put on trial. In a week's time, the judge...

Can I travel to Israel from you.S. With felony on my record [ 10 Answers ]

Hello - I have just renewed my passport and want to travel to Israel for the holidays. I've tried calling all different type of Israeli embassies but no one seems to know. I'm hoping you can help. I have a felony on my record. I don't know where to look to find out which countries I am allowed...

View more questions Search