Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnwa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2014, 04:49 AM
    W2 vs. Corp-to-Corp, Single member LLC w/S Corp election
    I live in Washington state and I have a fulltime w2 salaried job with full benefits (health, retirement, etc.) and say I make about 150K in salary+bonus. I am starting a second job as a hourly contractor where I am expecting to make say about another 150K if I go for corp-to-corp or 140K if I go w2. Both jobs are WFH/telecommute. What would be the most beneficial / tax saving option for me to start the second job as? I was thinking of going for corp-to-corp and opening a single member LLC with S Corp tax election. Any advice? THANKS!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2014, 05:14 AM
    Since you have benefits coverage under the first job, I would be more inclined to take the second job as a contractor. There are some advantages, primarily in liability issues, to an LLC vs a sole proprietorship. But with your income, you can afford to hire a CPA to advise you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I am a single member LLC filing as S Corp, and closed my business in 2013, do I fi [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I filed a 1120S, for the single member LLC I own. I closed the business in April 2013, do I file the 1120S again or will a Schedule C be enough with my 1040?

Can LLC have corp to corp contract [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I am an IT professional have formed an LLC. Can I sign a contract with a client as corp to corp. Or I have to be s-corp ? 2nd Question, if I am making $68 per hour as W-2 with No benefits, how much rate can I ask for corp to corp? Thanks

S Corp 100% owner in LLC (Taxed as S Corp), How do I account for LLC on S Corps books [ 1 Answers ]

I have an S Corp that is a 100% owner in an LLC (which is taxed as an S corp). I am preparing the taxes for the companies and have run into a problem. I have given the S corp the k-1 from the llc and put the $'s into "other income" (Income section, line 5 1120s schedule). However, in filling in...

View more questions Search