Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George 64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2014, 09:29 PM
    Tribute won't start turns over just fine
    My 2003 tribute turns over fine no codes other than mass flow and o2 sensor. I drove it for 30 min no problem now cannot start like it is getting no fuel
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2014, 05:42 AM
    . Verify that the CEL comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON. If not, there may be a problem with the ECM.

. Check for spark. If none, check the Crankshaft Position Sensor, wiring, and connector.

. Check for fuel--can you hear the fuel pump run, when you turn the ignition switch to ON?

. Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check/replace the MAF Sensor and Oxygen Sensor. MAF Sensors can cause some vehicles not to start or to die.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Mazda Tribute runs fine, then unexpectedly won't start (acts flooded) [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking for some help with troubleshooting an intermittent problem we're having with our 2001 Mazda Tribute: The car will run just fine, then out of the blue we'll get stranded somewhere when we make a stop. The car cranks and sounds like it will start... but behaves as if it is...

2003 mazda tribute won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Mazda Tribute 2wd v6. When I turn the key the gauges kick on but the fuel pump doesn't and the key will not crank the starter. I can jump the starter but since the fuel pump doesn't kick on obviously it won't start. I checked the starter relay and fuel pump relay both fine. I also...

03 mazda tribute won't start.power every where [ 0 Answers ]

Hey... my 03 mazda tribute is having issues... it went from occasionally not starting... to not starting at all... power inside... if I jump starter... it will turn fine... but not fire. Replaced... starter... ignition mod inside. Steer column... nothing... was told it may be in P A T circuit......

1995 honda civic won't start, it turns over fine [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I got into my 1995 Honda Civic EX 5-speed to go to work. I started it up (normal length) and it ran for about 1-2 seconds and shut off. I started it up again and it just cranked and cranked. I thought the starter sounded a little different than normal after the original startup. ...

View more questions Search