Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confusedgf13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2014, 05:50 AM
    How to trust and get past boyfriend as past sex life?
    Boyfriend did come out and tell me he had a past of having sex with men. It was something I discovered while cleaning out his email inbox. And yes this was before me. I understand but only two days prior we made the decision to be exclusive and just be with each other. He actively sought out sex with a man he had sex with off and on for 2 years and when the other man declined and actively asked for 2 weeks and still got the same answer. But now he claims that part of his life is over and done with and he no longer thinks about it or wants it. Can this be true or just another lie?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2014, 06:05 AM
    would it be different if it was women. If a man, has open sex with several women, up till the day, they want to be committed to you... would you trust them?

Being bi-sexual ( or even gay) does not mean, they do not have values and desire to be in a committed relationship. Before, there was promises to be true, there was no promise and either was free to do what they wanted.

Will he think about it some times, may he want it sometimes, sure, why not.. he may also think about a women in walmart, or think about a half naked women, walking down the street also.

the issue, is, if he is going to stay true and not do anything.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2014, 06:25 AM
    Are you questioning his loyalty, or sexuality? Unclear if his pursuit of another was while he was dealing with you. Would you be as concerned if this was a female? What do you mean by "Can this be true, or just ANOTHER lie"? What OTHER lies are you referring too?
    chadpaul21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2014, 05:58 PM
    Yes, it could be true. We aren't trapped in categories, you know. There is nothing unusual about a man having sexual experiences with other men before forming a long-term relationship. These days, it is becoming more common for young men, especially, to experiment with other guys before they reach their mid-20s. College guys, for example, who are roommates or frat brothers might help each other out because they are both willing and available, but it doesn't mean they are secretly gay. He trusted you with his emails, didn't he? He told you about his experiences, didn't he?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fiancee's past sex life [ 4 Answers ]

Just discovered that my fiancée had sex with a man more than twice her age on just one occasion. My problem is that I know the man and any time I see him it rings in my mind. How do I deal with this torture please? I need help.

I'm scared my past sex life is going to interfere with my relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

A few years ago I went through some pretty messed up stuff and I have no idea why but I used sex as a way to deal with the trauma of it all. I often traveled so it was basically my biggest objective to sleep with ad many men as possible (using a condom and making sure they were disease free of...

Getting over my Fiance's past sex life HELP! [ 24 Answers ]

Here's my dilemma, I've read several similar to mine on here and thought I would share mine and see if I could get some help. I met my now fiancé whenever she was 16 almost 17 and I was 20, at first friends we became boyfriend/girlfriend, she told me about her sexual past in the beginning before we...

Forgiving your boyfriend's past sex life.. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, so I'm 19 years old and my boyfriend is 20. We've been together for about 5 months now. And he's told me about his past relationships and so have I. He's slept with at least 8 girls and I've slept with 3 guys including him. Our relationship is really great. Were in a long distance relationship...

Past sex life haunting me? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a healthy happily engaged mother of three. I have a long and crazy past- 3 kids, 3 different dads. The youngest's dad is my ex husband. I divorced him 3+ years ago and now am engaged again. I love my fiancée, he is just like my best friend, we can talk about anything, sex, past experiences...

View more questions Search