Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheNatureGirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2014, 08:15 PM
    Can you grow a flower to be bigger than its expected size?
    I was thinking of growing some allium flowers. I was wondering if there is any way I can help the plant just grow a wee bit more? I don't have to, I'm just a bit curious. Could there be a special treatment to help it grow larger? Thanks!
    TheNatureGirl
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 02:05 AM
    Why would you want them any bigger then about 2 ft? That is the tallest I have seen them.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2014, 04:11 PM
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...71198958,d.cGU
    Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 05:31 PM
    @ma. Give me a break, really... dont think so. This does not replace proper gardening and these solutions do not work. A plant will only grow as tall as its genetic data dictates. NOTHING will ever change that.

Google away !
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 05:49 PM
    I use 2 tablespoons of Epsom Salts in one gallon of water. I doubt it will make them bigger, but it will make them healthier.
    Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 06:42 PM
    I use Epsom salts and water solution to make my boston ferns greener and healthier.
    TheNatureGirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2014, 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the answers everyone! I will try your ideas to keep my plants healthy!
    TheNatureGirl
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2014, 12:28 PM
    Many plants that have bigger flowers are developed by growers who sow countless seeds, make countless cuttings to root, all to look for that one unusual plant that is just a bit bigger and better than the others in the garden - a mutation of sorts, a new 'strain.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carnival dart game asking about expected number of darts thrown and expected winnings [ 3 Answers ]

A Carnival game offers $100 cash prize for anyone who can break a balloon by throwing a dart at it. It costs $5 to play, and you're willing to spend up to $20 trying to win. You estimate that you have about a 10% chance of hitting the balloon on any throw. What is the expected number of...

How to reduce the size of boobs if noe is bigger than the other [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am 18 years old.my left side boobs is bigger compared to right side . Can I get a remedy . I don't know why its so . Once my boy friend touched it . I feel the difference after that.

My husky has lesions on his back that bleed, smell, and the scabes grow in size. [ 2 Answers ]

My vet says that it is NOT mange, but he keeps getting them and I can't do anything about them. Whenever I pick off the scabe because it gets really big, it bleeds, and then just scabes over again, but never goes away. Help me please!

View more questions Search