Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 04:34 PM
    Thanks Doula.

It's hard. Syd has been crying since we found out we're not getting a trailer, no way it's happening. No way we can go. She's devastated. We could use our tent trailer, but it's promised to someone else, and they're coming along with us. I don't want to ruin their trip. Sadly, without us, they can't go, because our friend would have to haul the tent trailer for them.

In other words, no one's going now. :(
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 05:24 PM
    That's always the hardest; when the kids are so upset and you can't fix it for them. Any chance of maybe a shorter stay somewhere at a hotel and some site seeing instead? Or anywhere your family and your friends could rent a cabin for a few days by a lake or something similar? Might just have to make plans for a "staycation" instead and find a couple of fun things to do together close by.
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 05:56 PM
    I am Alty, and the tent trailer buying business is not for me. They like to toy with me.

Just got a call from the good dealership. We are approved after all. We're just not approved for the trailer we want to buy, because of its age. It's a 2001.

We are approved for any amount for a trailer 2007 or newer. So we looked on their site, found one we liked, it's sold. UPDATE YOUR SITE! So the salesguy that called us is physically going out on the lot, looking at all the trailers we are financed for, in the tow weight we can haul, and he's going to call me with them tomorrow. We won't be able to get the trailer tomorrow, but hopefully by Monday. I probably shouldn't be saying this because I'll jinx it somehow.

I cried on the phone, told him how grateful I am. He teared up and said "Okay, no crying, we're just going to get you that trailer, and after talking to you, you'll get one if I have to steal one for you or lend you one, so no more crying. You're going on this trip come hell or high water!"

I'm not going to update this thread until I have pictures of our trailer (whatever we get) in our driveway and it's a for sure done deal. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 05:59 PM
    Looking forward to some nice trailer pictures... :-)
    Pets Expert

Jul 21, 2014, 05:15 PM
    So we're all set. We chose our trailer, it's ours, the financing is in place, the insurance is in place, the car is ready to pick it up and we go to the dealer tomorrow to get it. We have confirmation that it's definitely ours, can't be sold to someone else.

Here it is, it's a bit more than we wanted to spend, but it's the last trailer we're ever going to need, so we decided to splurge a bit:

Calgary's leading dealer for Motorhomes, Travel Trailers, and Fifth Wheels
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2014, 05:21 PM
    Looks pretty clean and like it won't need any additional work ( and money) as it is.
    Pets Expert

Jul 21, 2014, 05:35 PM
    It's in very good shape smoothy, especially for a 2007. Apparently the previous owners bought it, but rarely went camping. I can't wait to see it in person. Going to be hard to find a place to put it though, it's big, 31.7 feet long.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 21, 2014, 05:54 PM
    I have a very wide driveway. :)

And there's room in the trailer for all your BFFs from AMHD!
    Pets Expert

Jul 21, 2014, 05:56 PM
    The width isn't the problem, it's the length. It will be hanging over the sidewalk and onto the street, which isn't allowed. But we see other people park their big trailers all up and down the street right beside our cul-de-sac, so that's what we're going to do too. :)

It sleeps 9. I told Rod we could bring all the pets with us. He scowled at me. :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 21, 2014, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It sleeps 9. I told Rod we could bring all the pets with us. He scowled at me. :(
    My driveway is long too....

The fish are going on vacation? Please list all animals going camping.
    Pets Expert

Jul 21, 2014, 06:12 PM
    The fish died WG. I had offered the tank and the fish to Mogrann and her husband. They came to visit shortly after Christmas. Well, 2 days before they got here both Goldie and Fang died. Goldie was 9 years old, Fang was 7 or 8, don't remember for sure.

So right now we have the two dogs (Chewy and Rascal), the two birds (Marty and Bo), three gerbils (Kippo, Sqeakers and Foo Foo cuddlypoops), 4 rabbits (Cotton, Thumper, Kilala and Squirt), and one kitten (Kakashi). :)

Don't know if you know Squirt. He's new. Oreo passed away months ago from old age, and we rescued Squirt. He's one year old, and a real pistol.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 21, 2014, 07:54 PM
    I have a fenced in acre. It would fit in my backyard, near the pool, very well.
    Pets Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 11:40 AM
    LOL! J, that's a bit too far to travel to pick it up to go camping. :)

We're leaving for Calgary in around 20 minutes. It's a 3 hour drive there. Wish us luck. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2014, 11:47 AM
    Hope it all goes smoothly and you are pleased with what you see in person!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 03:55 PM
    Yes. Drive carefully. Do u have to use the transcanada ? Busy time now on that highway Alty have fun at your destination. Only Canadians know the true meaning of camping in provincial parks !
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
    We made it. It's just as gorgeous in person as it was in the pictures. It is huge though. Much bigger than it looked in the pictures. We drove up and Rod said 'I'm a bit scared now. I have to pull that!"

We got to see Mogrann, her husband and Owen after we picked up the trailer, but not knowing Calgary very well, we ended up driving through downtown with the trailer. We made it out alive, so after that it should be easy peasy. :)

We got home pretty late, parked the trailer in the driveway in pitch black, and it went very smoothly. Rod and I are a great team. :)

Pictures later today or tomorrow. I have to find my camera. :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 12:51 PM
    Yay!!! You did it! Which vehicle does the pulling? Do the kids like the new trailer? Has Kashi seen it yet?
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 12:56 PM
    Rod's Denali does the pulling, and it pulled it very well. Rod barely even noticed that he had the extra weight to pull, unless we were going up a hill, the we could feel it.

The kids love the new trailer. Kashi hasn't seen it, but Chewy did. Rascal was invited inside but shied away from it. We'll get him in there today. Chewy was ecstatic. It was hilarious. He sniffed every inch of that trailer, tail wagging, so excited. When we took him back in the house he whined to go back in the trailer. Wish I had videotaped it.

Kashi will likely never be going camping with us. I've been through camping with a cat, and both times it ended badly. First time our cat got loose, ended up seeking shelter under a car hood, car was started, cat's legs ripped apart but he lived. Sadly he ran and hid in the woods. We searched for 3 days, finally found him, and had to drive 3 hours back home to get him to a vet. He had two broken legs.

The second time, different cat, he got loose and we never found him.:(

There are just too many possible predators and risks in the woods for a cat.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 01:32 PM
    I've already picked put where I plan to sleep. I AM invited, right?

You will be the driver to the camp site?
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 01:51 PM
    LOL! There's one spot left available on this trip, the table that folds down to a bed. If you're okay with that, and can make it here by Sunday, ready to go, than you're more than welcome. :)

Rod is driving it to the campsite. It's only an hour drive. He'll set it up, make sure everything is ready to go, set up the tent trailer for Mogrann and her husband, spend the day with us, then go back home. He'll come back the night before the vacation is done, spend the night (he's bringing the dogs) and then haul us back home.

My friend Randy is pulling the tent trailer for Mogrann and hubby. :)

Oh, just fyi, the tent trailer sleeps 6, and it's just Mogrann and her hubby, so they have plenty of room left for guests. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to sell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a expired promissory note, I've called and sent letters to lender but have not heard anything, so I stop making payments just to get them to call me back, still have not heard from them, it has been 10 months since they have received anything from me. I really want to sell this place and...

Want to sell [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1957 series b dollar bill and I wanted to know how much is it worth?

I need to sell my brand new bathtub, how and where can I sell? [ 1 Answers ]

I have new bathtub with pressurized water supply (with water jets fittings). Its not used ever since instaled by the builder. How can I sell it over internet?

How much should I sell my PC for? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to sell my PC so I can buy a notebook, and I have no idea how much it's worth. :confused: My PC is a 4 year old HP Pavilion a200n, 2.4 GHz Intel Ceteron Processor, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard drive, with a CD-RW drive and Windows XP. I don't want to think it's worth more than it really...

How much can I sell my PC for? [ 8 Answers ]

I want to sell my computer to buy a brand new Dell. My computer has: Intel(R) Celeron(R) 2.40GHz, 1.50GB Ram (1x 512 and 1x 1GB), 80GB hard drive, DVD-RW and CD-RW, DVD drive, Floppy drive. It's an Emachines 410 with Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition SP2. Thanks.

View more questions Search