Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 05:27 PM
    If they are like the slime dealers around here, bad press won't bother them anyway.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 05:36 PM
    These people do this all the time, car dealers do this all the time.
    That's because they are allowed to get away with it. You say you have your own way of dealing with these types. Good for you. In the Hills and the South we let everybody know about it and lock the shop doors in their face. We don't buy from them, sell to them, or even let them into public restrooms. The media is the most effective way to let their neighbors know about their shady dealings these days.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 07:23 PM
    Cats, I don't want to let it go, but I'm not going to spend any time and effort on this. My only focus is to get a trailer, get it packed, and take my kids on their first camping trip in 6 years!

On that note, I'm in tears right now, happy tears. I emailed that other dealership, told them what happened with their competitor, asked them to do the impossible, have the trailer we found on their lot financed for us, and ready to be picked up by Saturday.

So the guy I emailed got the finance office involved immediately, then got 2 other employees involved, we got a call at 7pm, and they can't promise, but they're going to do their best to make it happen. The trailer may not be cleaned out the way they'd usually clean it, and they won't be able to do their customary 3 hour walk through showing us how everything works (but he said he'd do the basics, and there's a manual, so I'm not worried). In other words, they can't promise, but they've got a small army working on it, and they're going to do everything they can and then some to make it happen.

So, not tempting the Gods or anything, and hoping I don't jinx this, but even if they can't make our impossible wish come true by Saturday, they're doing all they can, and just for that, they have a customer for life. It took a week for the other dealer to even return our first email. These guys not only answered within minutes, but continued emailing and answering our questions, and they started working on it right away.

So if you're looking for a trailer in the Calgary area in Alberta, go to GuaranteeRV. I told these guys that if they make this happen, they'll have more free advertising than they'll know what to do with. I'll sing their praises to anyone that will listen.

So cross your fingers for us guys. Please. Positive energy.

Here's the trailer:

Calgary's leading dealer for Motorhomes, Travel Trailers, and Fifth Wheels

Only possible hitch they talked about, is financing for a 2001. But there's also a 2007 we like, and we'd be willing to take it if it makes financing easier. :)
    Entomology Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 07:33 PM
    Looks nice. Good luck.
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 10:15 PM
    Thanks odinn. We like it. The dealer did tell us that only one company they deal with will finance older than 2005, so a 2001 is harder to get financing for. But we like the 2001. The other one is a 2007, also at their dealership. I like the 2001 better, but the 2007 is nice too, and I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with it. Only issue is that it's heavier. The 2001 is almost 1000 pounds lighter.

Hoping we get financing for the 2001. :)
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 10:23 PM
    Having said that, I'm totally hijacking this thread because it's no longer a legal issue.

If they do this, if they manage to do the impossible for us and get us this trailer by Saturday, I want to bring them a gift. But what? It took an army of them to get this done, I've literally talked to 4 different people since I sent my first email, and all of them, and I'm sure more, are all working to make it happen, if it happens. So it has to be a gift for many, not just one.

Any ideas?
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 11:04 PM
    When we bought our van we bought a Take 10 and a dozen donuts from Tims. Yes they have a coffee pot there but the guys were appreciative of "real coffee" as one said.
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 11:10 PM
    I like that idea. How about a Tim's card with a $25 limit? I really don't want to bring donuts and coffee on a 3 hour drive, and since I don't know Calgary at all, and neither does Rod, finding a Tim's once we get there, will be uber frustrating. A card with $25 on it so they can buy what they want and share it, would be easier for us.

So a few bottles of wine, flowers, and chocolate (which was my first thought) would be a total fail? :(
    Dogs Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 11:12 PM
    Or you can stop off at our place first and we take you to Henry's work :)
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2014, 11:18 PM
    I like that idea. Okay, we may do that. Yikes, more planning.

I'm so done with the planning! I just want it to happen naturally already! :(
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    So a few bottles of wine, flowers, and chocolate (which was my first thought) would be a total fail? :(
    Oatmeal cookies and a pound of good coffee? Will stay fresh on the drive, are homemade, and a double recipe will feed the whole staff and customers too.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 04:12 AM
    Wow... it's really nice Alty. Your family will have such great times! Hope it works out smoothly from now on.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 06:56 AM
    Yes, WOW, Bon Voyage !
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 09:12 AM
    Kashi and the dogs are going on this vacation? What about the rest of the animals?

You are really going to have to keep an eye on Kashi!
    Dogs Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 10:05 AM
    Mogrann may not be going as the weather advisory due to forest fires is high at the moment in a lot of AB. Added warnings for asthmatics. I am checking with the doctor today. Crosses fingers he says I will be fine
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 11:40 AM
    Thanks everyone.

WG, Rod isn't coming on this trip, he can't take the time off work. So the animals will be home with him. It's just the kids and me, our friend Randy, Mogrann and her husband (if her doctor gives her the okay).
    Entomology Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 01:00 PM
    I wouldn't take them anything, just tell them how much you appreciate it and how grateful you are.

trust me...they are probably making plenty off the financing...unless they run it low like I did...but most companies max it out and do quite well with it.
    Dogs Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 01:02 PM
    Odinn we always have just so they can have proof at how thankful we are. A take 10 and a dozen donuts is actually not a lot of money either.

Doc has given the approval for me to go I just need to be proactive with asthma
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 02:49 PM
    Long story short, just got a call from the new dealer. We're not approved for financing for the 2001 trailer, the 2007 sold and we wouldn't have been approved for it either. She searched for the approval we were told we got from the other dealer. The other dealer lied, or didn't go through the bank. Not exactly sure how it all works.

So no trailer.

No camping trip.

I'm done! This is just too stressful!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2014, 03:19 PM
    Sorry Alty...

Good idea to put it all on hold for now. Another opportunity will crop up later when you are ready again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to sell [ 1 Answers ]

I have a expired promissory note, I've called and sent letters to lender but have not heard anything, so I stop making payments just to get them to call me back, still have not heard from them, it has been 10 months since they have received anything from me. I really want to sell this place and...

Want to sell [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1957 series b dollar bill and I wanted to know how much is it worth?

I need to sell my brand new bathtub, how and where can I sell? [ 1 Answers ]

I have new bathtub with pressurized water supply (with water jets fittings). Its not used ever since instaled by the builder. How can I sell it over internet?

How much should I sell my PC for? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to sell my PC so I can buy a notebook, and I have no idea how much it's worth. :confused: My PC is a 4 year old HP Pavilion a200n, 2.4 GHz Intel Ceteron Processor, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard drive, with a CD-RW drive and Windows XP. I don't want to think it's worth more than it really...

How much can I sell my PC for? [ 8 Answers ]

I want to sell my computer to buy a brand new Dell. My computer has: Intel(R) Celeron(R) 2.40GHz, 1.50GB Ram (1x 512 and 1x 1GB), 80GB hard drive, DVD-RW and CD-RW, DVD drive, Floppy drive. It's an Emachines 410 with Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition SP2. Thanks.

View more questions Search