Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barbiemom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Contest adoption in indian
    How do you contest an adoption in Indiana? The reason the pertuative father search was not done prior to the baby's birth is my son (the bio father) was told by biological mom she had aborted the baby! This was very devastating to us. Later we find on Facebook the baby was born (1 month early) and was given away to adoptive parents from the hospital. We called DCFS asking for help because we didn't know what to do. No one was able to help us or offer any help. We do not have a lot of money so it is hard to find an attorney for this. This baby was wanted and will be loved! My son started searching on Facebook and found adoptive parents. They will not reply to either of us. On one photo adoptive mom holding baby and adoption papers. So with today's technology you can enlarge and read the print on the papers. The bio mom had named another man as the father! So not only did she lie to my son but to the other guy and to the adoption agency or adoptive parents! The other man denied paternity (duh! Did mom do on purpose? ). My son did file on father search registry. No response yet. I see pics of this beautiful baby on Facebook and without any doubt I know this is my grandchild. He looks identical to my son. My son lives in Illionois. The baby and adoptive parents in Indiana. We would just like to know what we can do to get a chance at loving and raising this beautiful baby. How can adoptions happen so fast?? My son didn't have a chance. Any suggestions that would help would be grately appreciated. Until then we will continue to pray.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2014, 05:00 PM
    You will need to hire an attorney. But this all needs to be done quickly. A motion to contest and over turn will need to be filed in the court where the adoptioin took place.
    Along with request for DNA testing to prove paternity.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 07:10 AM
    Also please try to remember this is not your issue. This belongs on your sons shoulders. Does he really have the means to take care of this child?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 02:41 PM
    Your SON has to take care of this.

Starting with getting a GOOD attorney.

The longer he waits, the less likely it is in the child's best interest to be returned.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jul 18, 2014, 03:52 PM
    There is a requirement in Indiana that insists on a putative father MUST be registered in PFR

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A school math contest requires that students complete all 12 problems on the contest [ 3 Answers ]

A school math contest requires that students complete all 12 problems on the contest exam. Each participant receives 5 points for each correctly solved problem and loses 3 points for each incorrect or omitted answer. a. How many problems wer solved correctly by a student who receives a score of...

Which Indian cricketer was the first Indian to get a contract to play domestic cricke [ 0 Answers ]

Which Indian cricketer was the first Indian to get a contract to play domestic cricket in South Africa? First Indian cricketer to get a contract to play domestic cricket in south.

Dear, I want to transfer UK Pound to Indian Rupee in Indian bank account. [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, I want to transfer UK Pound to Indian Rupee in Indian bank account. While transferring it is asking for International Remittance Code (IRC). Can any one help me out?

How do I contest an adoption in Indiana? [ 4 Answers ]

We my husband and I are in the process of adopting my niece bio mom only has 3 days left to contest she sent a letter asking for her decket sheet and submitted a paper for a free lawyer but did not say anything about contesting the adoption do you think she will get this done in 3 days or do you...

Can the adopting parent of a child contest an adoption? [ 9 Answers ]

Can the adopting parent of a child contest an adoption? The birth father signed over all of his rights to the child and when the mother left the step father she moved in with biological father. This to me is fraud. Can someone please help me with some facts and guidance.

View more questions Search