Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjb2014summer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2014, 07:11 PM
    New asphalt bleeding into new concrete why?
    A truck cracked part of the asphalt and concrete on my driveway. They replaced a section of a asphalt and a section of concrete that join together. Now the concrete has turned a spotty orange color. Each time it rains the discoloration gets worse. What is wrong with the asphalt that it is bleeding onto the cement?

I attached a picture of it. I have found out that it may be defective asphalt. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: mht Elliott Concrete.mht (664.8 KB, 428 views)
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 07:50 PM
    Never saw this before, as you describe it. Are you certain that you aren't seeing the ends of rebars (or mesh) in the concrete that are rusting. Did they saw the concrete possibly as part of the repairs which left steel exposed that is rusting with wet weather?
    Maybe some more details or a picture would help us with this question.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2014, 08:55 AM
    I'm guessing it might be oils from the still fresh asphault that the rain carried over to the concrete.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete Over Asphalt? [ 5 Answers ]

My driveway is in need of repair. It is a straightforward enough job, being only 25' X 16'. I was going to have the old, existing asphalt resurfaced with a fresh coat. Simple and at a reasonable cost. However, my wife wants something a bit more elegant and, of course, expensive. I checked out...

Asphalt over concrete [ 12 Answers ]

Can asphalt be installed over concrete yard and will water cause a problem?

Concrete over asphalt [ 8 Answers ]

I have a garage that has an asphalt floor. The thickness is unknown but it is very uneven. It appears that someone has taken a hand stomper to flatten it down. I have heard that it is not wise to pour concrete over asphalt. First of all I would like to know why it is not wise to pour concrete over...

Asphalt over concrete [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to pour asphalt over concrete?

Concrete over Asphalt [ 1 Answers ]

I need to pour a 7'X10' (6"deep) concrete slab over an existing asphalt surface. I would rather not break up the asphalt, but pour on top of it. Is it ok to secure the slab in place prior to pouring by drilling and inserting 4" vertical re-bar spikes into the asphalt and then pouring over the 4"...

View more questions Search