Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GarlonMaxwell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2014, 06:11 PM
    Horsepower for very large vibrator
    I want to build a large concrete breaker. The engine is picked out. The vibrator width can be decreased for thicker concrete and increased for thinner concrete.

I want to create a vibrator by turning an eccentric shaft with 30 hp at 2400 RPM using the entire horsepower to turn the vibrator. I will need to make the shaft in a machine shop. I will hold the shaft on each end with roller bearings. The weight of the total vibrator could be any weight (adding weight to the vibrated part as necessary). I need a vibration with an amplitude of about ¾ inch.
    The shaft can be made from something like 4” solid shaft (mild steel) turned to 2” ends with an eccentric lobe in the middle. It can be 1 foot to 2 feet long if needed in the lobe area. The lobe length, weight, and distance from center are the numbers I am looking for.
    The question really becomes how much eccentric weight at what distance from center can 30 hp turn?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2014, 06:15 PM
    ... and what the bearings can support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a vibrator? [ 9 Answers ]

Im 18 years old and am sexually active. I only been with one guy and that was a two year relationship. I haven't had time to go out and date so I was wondering if buying a vibrator was a good idea. I thought about it. My aunt has told me that I should get one and there is nothing to be ashamed...

Use a vibrator during sex - is this OK? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone: I just wanted to ask for advice/opinions regarding the use of a vibrator while having sex. I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months, and up until the last 2 weeks I never achieved orgasm during sex. It was really pleasurable, but I just never was able to get to that point. Now...

I CAN NOT orgasm without using a vibrator. [ 22 Answers ]

OK... I CAN NOT orgasm without using a vibrator... I became sexually active when I was 15 and never had an orgasm until I met my ex boyfriend when I was 19. He was really disturbed that he couldn't get me to the point of orgasm, so he bought a vibrator. It worked WONDERS:D ! I still...

My vibrator! [ 14 Answers ]

Give me 5 reasons I should choose a man over my vibrator?

View more questions Search