Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masteroftime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2014, 04:47 PM
    Closing 401k account
    Can the state of Michigan take your 401k if you owe back arrears to the state
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2014, 07:03 PM
    Probably. Did they get a judgment against you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closing 401k [ 3 Answers ]

My son-in-law opened a 401k this year. His company told him that they are not getting a christmas bonus this year (they usually get a sizable one) and they are in need of money for taxes, christmas, etc. He asked about closing his 401k so he could use the money from that, but they told him he...

401k Closing [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to close my 401k early and I just need to understand what steps I need to take

Closing a 401K account while you have a loan [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if you can close a 401K account with an employer while you have a loan that you are paying back? I am in serious need of money and that is the only option I can think of. Any help would be appreciated!

Closing my 401K? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm laid off from my place of employment and I'm currently in college full time. I need more money than I'm drawing on unemployment. My home, truck, debt and utility bills are more than I'm drawing. The only source I have is my 401k... I took a loan out earlier last year from the...

Closing a 401k account [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I'm on a Leave of Absence from my place of employment. I need money and the only source I have is my 401k... I took a loan out earlier this year, from the 401k, not knowing I could only have one loan out at a time. So now I feel my only option is to close the account and take whatever is...

View more questions Search