Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2014, 01:56 PM
    Credit Cards
    I have learned that crooks do not need your credit card
    Just your number. They used it a home depot stores at the self-service counter. Shouldn’t home depot do something to prevent this type of thievery?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 03:45 PM
    What can home depot do? Monitor every one who does this ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 04:44 PM
    PS, it is a personal responsibility to protect information. You just make sure that no one, absolutely no one, gets your number, or your card.

The number MUST have been given out to someone; or someone was in their home and got access to this information.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2014, 06:23 PM
    THey probibly got that number someplace else... like from Target... and someone placed an order online to home depot...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2014, 07:02 PM
    Its called Identity Theft and it happens all the time. Home Depot should have asked for some ID before accepting the card, but we don't know exactly what happened. But that's why you need to monitor your account and make sure you check all the charges so you can report them right away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 02:09 AM
    All they need is a number. It is not needed to have the card.. but normally they will also, need the date and the code on the back.

While there is normally rules, there is also need to check ID.. but they have no liability if they do not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which credit card companies use equifax or transunion or both for credit cards? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish credit on my own. I have tried with experian and have 10 hard hits got turned down because of insufficient credit historty and to many recent inquires. My equifax score is 787 My transunion is 770. My problem is I am new to credit and my present accounts are permissive user...

Credit cards that pull only experian credit reports [ 0 Answers ]

I know that some banks only pull 1 bureau for applications. Which ones that you know of only pull Experian?

What credit cards will approve you if you have negative items on your credit report. [ 1 Answers ]

I have poor credit and my credit score is barely over 500. I am in the process of paying off my debts. Anyone know of any unsecured credit cards I can get approved for?

Credit scores/no credit cards [ 1 Answers ]

If a person has never applied for a credit card, has always paid with cash, do they have a credit score at all, is this score a good credit score or a bad credit score?

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

View more questions Search