Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    belue89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2014, 11:22 AM
    Digestive system
    I am having issues with my digestive track. I haven't been able to poop properly for a while. I will go a week without pooping and then it's hardly anything. The only way I can poop is by taking a laxative. Any suggestions on what I should do to help. I have tried a lot of things already. I feel like I am gaining weight because of this.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 11:26 AM
    You need to see a doctor. This COULD be something serious. This is not something to mess around with.
    belue89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2014, 11:42 AM
    Do u know of any home remedies for my to try first.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2014, 11:47 AM
    If you don't care about developing diverticulitis or certain other things that can be life threatening... then by all means waste time on home remidies that are usually ineffective.

I myself would not waste time getting to a doctor... I'd have already been there by the second week.

Laxitives used over a long period wil cause problems on their own.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 12:42 PM
    Smoothy is right on again. You must see your doctor if you do not want chronic problems with your bowels.

People with a dependency on laxatives, when they really don't need them, feeling a good bowel movement every day will help the lose weight are incorrect, and playing with a fire.

It is an incorrect assumption. Get the proper diagnosis from your doctor.
    Nisha Solanki Posts: 34, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 15, 2014, 06:06 AM
    Smoothy and tickle they both are absolutely correct. Excessive laxatives would result into diarrhea and many such disorders. Consulting the doctor is the initial step you should follow when you are suffering from such conditions.
    Visit the doctor without wasting anytime and trying anything by yourself. Hope you get well soon!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 15, 2014, 06:43 AM
    You say nothing about you, your history, or your current health - never mind your diet. All you say is you've 'tried everything.' We could sit here all day telling you what you could be doing, but why? If you can't be bothered or have no clue how to describe, then go to all the medical sites instead. It's too bad, because I am sympathetic. I had intense pain down one leg and IMMEDIATE constipation last winter, and my doctor didn't see how they coincided. They really did go hand in hand. Fortunately both subsided.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular digestive system [ 3 Answers ]

So it's been a while since I've been regular. I usually go to the restroom about once every other day, sometimes less. I've tried laxatives, which only make me cramp up EXTREMELY bad the following morning, stool softeners, which I NEVER see the results of because i can't go, and nothing works. I...

Human digestive system [ 4 Answers ]

If the human stomach ia after the small intestine, what will happen?

Cocoa's upset digestive system [ 1 Answers ]

What do you give a dog who has diahrea and won't eat her kibble? She is also farting and they stink. I gave her some plain yogurt and she lapped it up. I'm just dog sitting and I can't get ahold of her owners. HELP!

Digestive System [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 55 why.o. Female. Within 1 hour of eating a meal, all passes through me, prior to which my stomach gets bloated. Any ideas what can be the cause?

View more questions Search