Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VinceLee89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2014, 04:34 PM
    Caught stealing from work
    Im 17 and got caught stealing from work. I was called in to my managers office and they asked me why I was stealing, I told them I was upset that my other managers forced me to work off the clock. They informed me that I had to pay back the company $200 and they will fire me.

Can this be settled away from the court or will police be involved?

They also made me list the items I took and sign a paper. I opted not to sign it, could that help me?
    Candyfloss667 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2014, 04:47 PM
    It depends what you stole if it was just office supplies or a small amount of money then no, what was it you stole ?
    VinceLee89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2014, 04:53 PM
    I took two games and food
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 13, 2014, 05:24 PM
    Come clean with them and it will look better for you. What was the sense in denying it! Grow up. You did this out of spite .

you should have signed the paper listing what you stole.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 03:27 AM
    It is up to the store, if they call the police or not... if they were willing to settle, for payment then you pay and it ends,,

But they may call the police if they want
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2014, 04:45 AM
    If you don't sign the paper, they may want to pin anything that comes up missing on YOU, and if its substantial, then will call the police.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 14, 2014, 05:16 AM
    Not signing would definitely not help you. But it looks like, if you reimburse them, they may not take it to the police. If you refuse to sign, they may consider reporting it.

If a manager is forcing you to work off the clock, then you should report it to his supervisor. Stealing is not the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got caught stealing from work [ 6 Answers ]

My friend got caught stealing. After she got done selling all the jewelry she got 6000 dollars for it. The cops went to her house and took the rest of the jewelry. Some of the jewelry are fake. The cops told her that they're going to call her in two days but it's been three days they haven't call...

Caught stealing at work. What will happen? [ 4 Answers ]

Someone I know got caught stealing at a work place by voiding orders, and pocketing the money. The receipts would then get thrown out. The money took was around 500$.

I got caught stealing: I'm 18 [ 6 Answers ]

I got caught stealing yesterday and I am 18. I stole 270 worth of clothing from Von Maur and they told me they would not put me in jail. They gave me a misdeamenor and this is my first offense. I am very scared about the consequences of the outcome of the court and need some advice on how to...

Im 18 and got caught for stealing. Please help me out, I'm going crazy! [ 28 Answers ]

So yes I stole, and I know how wrong it is. I regret it not only because I got caught but because its against my religion. This could have all been avoidable but I did commit the crime. The security guy said I am being sued by Winners and will get a letter in the mail any where from a week-3...

Caught stealing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I did the same mistake as you. I ate a couple of chocolate bars in zellers and the police gave me a ticket for 65 dollars, but he said that it will not stick on my record. However, I don't know as to how much I am going to pay zellers- 100? Or more? Any ideas?

View more questions Search