Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annacolonial Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2014, 08:55 AM
    What if your mother remarries and now you have a step father then your mother ddon't
    My mother and step father were married 30 years. My mother passed away three years ago. My sister and myself never received anything. Now my stepfather is dying. My mother worked the whole time they were married and bought everything together. My step sister and step brother are saying when he passes away that we are not entitled to anything.is this correct?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2014, 09:05 AM
    Did your stepfather adopt you? Does he have a will? What state or country are you in?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 13, 2014, 12:52 PM
    In most places, yes, what you step-siblings are saying is correct, assuming several things:
    1. all property was owned jointly, with right of survivorship; and
    2. your step-father doesn't provide for you in his will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance of real estate from father and step mother [ 3 Answers ]

My mother die first and then my dad, there are seven children living, who has the right to sell the house that is paid for?

Father and step mother die without will who gets the estate [ 2 Answers ]

Father died in 1993, no will. Step mother died in May 2010. Who is entitled to the house that is still in fathers name and step mother moved out of 5 yrs before she died

My mother has alzheimers and she lives with my step father, can I take my mother away [ 2 Answers ]

My mother has Alzheimers and lives with my Step Father, He is 87 and growing frailer by the day, He can no longer take care of Her. He refuses to go into assisted living or to let Her go. Do I have the right to go in and force the issue for both of them or just take my Mother?

Can step mother get child support issued from biological mother of step children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband doesn't want to go after his ex for child support. Can I go after her as the step parent who has been caring for the children for almost five years? The biological mother hasn't seen or talked to the children for about four years now.

My mother is on drugs and my step father is in jail [ 2 Answers ]

:mad:My mother is on drugs and my step father is in jail. My mother just got of the hospital for having a bad trip on PCP,Cocaine, and Marijuana. Now she has informed me that she wants to come get my little brother who I have had in my custody for a year and half. She has had drug problems and...

View more questions Search