Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 15, 2014, 06:14 PM
    Interesting experience no matter what the source of the bang was. I want to believe it was electrical... but I find it rather odd that something would make that much of a noise (with force) and not have the power go out (or a fire). I am a believer in paranormal circumstances... but like others have said, that long ago we can all only guess. I can't imagine plumbing having anything to do with that.
    Harper71 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2014, 11:27 AM
    hauntinghelper

Yes you hit the nail on the head there bud
    The power of the noise something should have stopped working or broken but this was not the case and the brass ashtrays should have just dropped to the floor but or no they flew to otherside of the room!
    It didn't happen once but I can recall 5 times in a 1 year period.
    I was looking at the ceiling thinking why is there no damage
    Its baffled me ever since.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2014, 11:49 AM
    When logic fails, you may have to be open to more outside the box explanation. I have come to neither believe nor disbelieve in the paranormal, as anything is possible when you have no understanding of what's actually happened (ing)
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 18, 2014, 04:27 PM
    I agree talaniman. It's not the first suggestion I like to jump to... but it very well could be a supernatural explanation. Who knows. Interesting experience anyway!
    Craftymoods21 Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Jul 19, 2014, 07:57 AM
    I could not see the attachments, they are no longer available is the message. I'll Google. Out of curiosity though, do you still have access to this building or are the keys no longer available to the family? It is always nice to meet the new owners of such a place and see how they like the place, sometimes in those conversations when you are reminiscing, when something has happened and it sticks with them too, it may come up. Never hurts to talk to new people, anyway, just a thought.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud Bang Noise from Septic Pump [ 2 Answers ]

We have a basement bathroom and a septic pump. When the pump discharges you can hear the water flowing through the pipes and then a very loud bang noise follows. What is causing this? How can we resolve this problem? Please help.

Loud bang when ac turns on only [ 0 Answers ]

The last two years my AC has needed more coolant needed. I was told it is a slow leak that can't be found. AC works fine except for very loud bang at the condenser when it goes on. It is a Lennox unit installed in 2000. I am a widow on a fixed income, and will be selling this house next summer. I...

After the blower stops there is a loud bang [ 0 Answers ]

Sounds like the heating duct is contracting, how can I stop this

Loud Bang when AC turns on or off [ 11 Answers ]

My wife and I have noticed a loud bang (can hear it anywhere in the whole house) every time our AC kicks on, or shuts down. It is a relatively new sound (just noticed it this spring). I'm pretty sure it was not making this sound ever in the past. This is different than the audible click that...

Loud bang in the basement after flushing the toilet [ 7 Answers ]

After I flush the toilet and the water went down the drain, a few moments later I hear a loud banging noise from the basement. I did some reading and it is suggested that I may have a water hammer. However the water hammer is normally associated with a closing valve which is not the case here. The...

View more questions Search