Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2014, 07:23 AM
    Continue run after three way switch
    I have a three way switch wired like the diagram below. Is there any way I can continue to run the power to other outlets from the switch on the right (at the end of the run)? If not, is there any way to rewire this so that I can? Thanks!

Adding image
    Attachment 46256
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2014, 11:15 AM
    I receive this message when trying to open the link: ""You have attempted to view a Attachment that no longer is available. Please click one of the links in the menu to continue."
    I can't view your attachment but it is probable that you do not have a neutral in the switch location. And if you do have a neutral, you need to have access to the conductor that is always hot, unless you want the outlet to be switched like the other fixtures controlled by the switches. There are different ways that the system may have been wired such as does the power from the panel come to the light first or to one of the switches first. If the power comes to the switch near where you want to install an independent, always powered outlet you may be able to get the power from that box (if it is large enough to accept more conductors, or if you can install a large box if required).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will not continue to run [ 1 Answers ]

When I start it it will not countinue to run for a little while then it cut off I thourgh it was not getting no gas so I clean the carburotor and still doing the same thing what should I do

Heater don't run continue [ 0 Answers ]

Heater come on run for about 3 minutes then goes off for about 10 secound and start again

Why does my furnace fan continue to run all the time suddenly? [ 2 Answers ]

All of a sudden, now matter what I do with the thermostat (and I even changed that), my furnace fan motor continues to run 24/7... I can't shut it off! It is not the continuous ventilation switch on the furnace. Please help if you can Thanks, Mark

What causes a motor start/run capacitor to continue to fail? [ 1 Answers ]

The blower motor on my furnace would not start, it hummed. I tried to spin it to get it going but the motor was locked up (electrically, with no power it spins free). I heard that if you have a bad capacitor you can get the fan going with a spin - this is not the case here, as I said the motor...

Heat continue to run [ 0 Answers ]

Temp O Matic is what she has, 120 to 24V systems. The transfomer were smoking two of them I found a line in the conduit touching the inside of the pipe Pull a new Line. This is a heat only system. I need to know how the temostat is wired into the transfomer or the gas valve because now when I turn...

View more questions Search