Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mscud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2014, 04:02 PM
    Pool bonding
    Had an above ground pool installed, installer did not bond it, electrician wired pump to GFI, but still not bonded, he said we're safe with the GFI. Is this true or should it be bonded?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2014, 04:53 PM
    According to NEC, above ground pools need to have all their METAL components bonded. This would include the motor, any metal frame parts etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above Ground pool Grounding/Bonding [ 1 Answers ]

Does the grounding/bonding wire around the perimeter of an above round pool have to be burred or can I hide it under the lip of the pool "Ring" at the top of the support post?

Pool player wanting to start a pool hall in indianapolis [ 1 Answers ]

Simply; if anyone reading this is interested in starting a pool hall in indianapolis please reply. My name is lucas I have been around pool for over ten years and I currently work at a pool hall on the east side. My funds are low but, my will is high. I have several good ideas. Contact me...

Splicing "continuing" a bonding jumper to new pool equipment [ 4 Answers ]

A customer wanted to add a heater for their pool and I was curious if I had to use some type of exothermic or compression splice or split bolt to continue the #8 bare ground that is attached to all of the pump enclosures or can I just run a new piece through the lug on the last piece of equipment...

Present pool screening does not pass enough sunlight to heat the pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have an in ground pool with a screen enclosure. It seems that the present charcoal colored screen material shades the pool to the extent that there is not enough heating of the water to comfortably use the pool even during the month of August. Is there any screen material which will pass a...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

View more questions Search