Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carsem454 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2014, 07:52 AM
    Should I defrag each of my external hard drive 2tb and 3tb/?
    I've been thinking if I'm going to defrag my 2tb and 3tb external hard drive (WD green cavier).. . I've only use this two external hdd to save lot of my anime collection,movies, and other files like mp3, doc etc...

1. what benefit is there to defrag my externals?
    2. If I'm going to defrag my externals does it affects my anime collection videos (what I mean does doing this makes any bad effects to any of my anime video collections?)
    3. when should I defrag my externals?

what I really care is my anime collections not much of the movies
    ^___^

recently when I'm storing movies I've downloaded to my externals my 2tb 2nd partition suddenly become not responding and I waited it and nothing works so I turn off the switch button of my external 2tb, then I switch it on again the 2nd partition pops up the a message box with two options scan and continue, so I choose scan it result said that some of my files(actually the movies folder I've been storing on the externals) have been move to "found folder" but I don't how to find it... with this incident I'm worried that someday it will happen again... my anime collection is in 1st partition thank goodness..

I need advice with experience please... not just pretty talks to earn points here..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2014, 08:12 AM
    You are aware that both partitions are on the same physical hard drive... which if it fails... EVERYTHING will be gone?

Do you have utilities that will tell you if you have bad sectors occurring in ever increasing numbers?

What you are describing isn't the result of something needing defragmented... even though it could probibly use it... but more of an indication of bad sectors where the allocation tables are stored.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hpo drivers for 2tb external hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2tb hard drive the computer was recognizing it but all of a sudden it can't find it what would you suggest I do

To upgrade a ps3 is it possible to use a new hard drive and external drive bay? Thanks. [ 0 Answers ]

... is it possible to use a new hard drive and external drive bay instead of using a external hd to transfer data? Thanks in advance.

3TB Hard Drive takes 10 minutes to load XP [ 3 Answers ]

I recently added a 3TB HD to a 4-pentium desktop computer running XP because the MB indicated it will support 3TB. I installed the same HD recommeded in the MBO manual. And yes I formatted the HD. However, it takes 10 plus minutes for windows to start up after the upgrade. I checked the ram, then...

Hp 2tb external hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have an HP 2TB external hard drive (hp dt2000i)and I don't know what is wrong with it. My PC picks it up, and works perfectly with it, but whenever I plug it into any other PC, firstly it doesn't pick up - have to add new hardware search for it, and if the PC finds it (which doesn't happen...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search