Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2014, 05:54 AM
    To move furniture or browse Kijiji to replace?
    A family member has relocated from Ontario to Alberta. As we're only talking basically the contents of one bedroom, a double bed, couch, desk, 2 dressers, obviously far from a full load of furniture to be shipped out. The debate is the cost to ship out or browse Kijiji to replace? The furniture is a good quality, worth every penny and holds sentimental value, Lol. Thoughts and ideas appreciated. Cheers thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2014, 07:34 AM
    Only you can decide if the sentimental value excedes the cost to ship them. What would be worth it to one person might not be to the next person.

Have you had any estimates to ship them yet?

Jul 9, 2014, 08:00 AM
    Have You Had any Estimates to Ship them Yet
    Basically the Fact we don't have a Household of Furniture , just one room.. The Bedroom Furniture is High end, Pricy & Sturdy and was Handed down from an Aunt..Just the idea so little furniture if you will..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2014, 08:06 AM
    Would renting a Uhaul truck and a car dolly to tow your car behind you work? They come in all sizes and I've done that before when moving. If you are driving it anyway.. its not that much extra work. And its not very expensive.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 08:28 AM
    Over long distance, u haul is a pretty good idea and economical. Done it before, just make sure you get enough blankets and don't over crowd.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 08:44 AM
    Two or three quotes from reputable movers and a quote from UHaul or a truck rental company will give you some prices and methods to compare and make a reasonable decision that works best for you.

Jul 9, 2014, 11:34 AM
    U Haul.
    .Approximate Price from Eastern Ontario to Alberta $3,200. Fuel could be anywhere from $600. To $750. All Oneway... Were only talking a total of maybe 6 pieces of furniture...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sister attacked me and now has to move out can she take furniture/or how long stay? [ 4 Answers ]

Sister,by polar/aaa/na needed a place too live. They're is no one else, even her ex hubby wants nothing or very little to do with her. She went through inhertince and mine I have used getting her out of trouble , etc... I told her this week I need help this month with rent, she said OK. Now, I am...

Dog chewing leather furniture, is there a product to apply on furniture? [ 5 Answers ]

My 12 week lab puppy loves to chew on our leather furnitre. We have many toys and try to detur him from biting with introducing a toy when he bites the leather furniture and also tried frozen wash cloths. We use a firm NO! But almost seems to get more playful and thinks it's a game. Can I use...

How do I move and replace a fuse box [ 7 Answers ]

I want to replace my old fuse box with a new trip switch type. It is on the wall approx 1.4m off the ground. I want to move it down approx 1.2m. Regards Gerafi

Refunds with sites like Craigslist / Kijiji [ 10 Answers ]

I recently sold someone an item on an online garage sale website and they are claiming it doesn't work, the item was in it's original packaging and I explained exatly how I came to get it, am I under an obligation to refund the person? It's just a cell phone SIM card sold for like $15... I don't...

View more questions Search