Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dmlawyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2014, 10:30 PM
    Workers' Compensation Injury
    Can I ask my employer to do another job if my doctor said I am unable to do my current job?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 11:49 PM
    Your doctor, will need to be specific on what duties, you can or can not do.. depending on injury, hours can work, standing or sitting, weight to lift and so on.

You can then show doctor, note from doctor, that allows you to do, other or lighter duty. The work place is not required to give you other work. Many will, since it will often save them on WC costs.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2014, 03:08 PM
    That is normally a part of WC. The insurance company will try to find you another job. That way, they don't have to pay benefits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers compensation [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I'am on workers compensation for about a mth now. I just found out that I need surgery. My employee wants me to take a leave of abense well I am on workers comp can they do that. I live in Pennsylvania

Workers' Compensation [ 4 Answers ]

Here's the story: A couple years ago at the restaurant I was working at I cut my finger, needed stitches and went to the ER. I explained to the hospital that it was a work related injury and should be covered by worker's comp. The restaurant was owned by my parent's at the time. My parent's and I...

Workers Compensation [ 5 Answers ]

I was just curious as to WHY there is absolutely no topic/forum on this big bureaucratic mess? I can't imagine that nobody has dealt with it in some way or another but I can find nothing, nadda zip on the subject anywhere on this board?

Workers compensation [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Michigan and will be going to court in a few more weeks on a injury that has happen at work. Does anyone know what type of questions will be ask of me? I know that I will not settle for any money amount,my injury happened at work on my leg . I know the injury isn't serious enough to go on...

View more questions Search