Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jul 8, 2014, 01:45 PM
    What is best home/cell phone plan??
    I want to find the best home/cell phone plan. Presently I have a cell phone/home phone that is costing me approximately $85 per month. If I have a talkative month, I use 20 minutes a month no texting. Need to keep my present home phone number.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 07:10 PM
    There are many options out there including free phones if you qualify. If you have cable tv service they have it about as cheap as you can go. Another thing is if you have to have a cell phone you can buy one of those pay as you go ones where you buy minutes and add them to your plan as needed. A standard landline can get expensive with all the extra charges. Cellphones can get expensive if you call out of state before prime time. Cable telephones are flat rate call anywhere any time for as long as you want.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 12:56 AM
    I prefer, China Mobile, and that is what I use for my personal phone... But use China Unicom for my work phone..

But I guess you not in my neighborhood... LOL

Jul 9, 2014, 08:05 AM
    I prefer, China Mobile, and that is what I use for my personal phone... But use China Unicom for my work phone..

But I guess you not in my neighborhood... LOL

Good One Chuck Ha Ha

I was hoping people would come forward with good suggestions of what to buy like you did.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2014, 07:22 PM
    One controversy with the home cell phones is that at least some of them don't produce the home address onto the operator's screen on 911 calls. For some folks, especially those living alone, this could be a very important issue. A person may be able to make the 911 call but may be too sick or inured to give their address to the 911 operator. I have read that emergency personnel can possibly locate the cell phone (some say they can only locate the tower in some instances) but may only get it down to a 500 to 1000 foot radius.
    This is an excerpt from the fine print of one of the major home cell company's plan description: " For emergency calls, provide address to 911 operator"
    This is important to some folks and maybe not a big concern for others, and possibly some of the companies have overcome the problem.

Jul 9, 2014, 10:26 PM
    That is very important information, I did not know that and I bet many, many are not aware of this.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2014, 08:57 PM
    This article discusses some of the situations involved:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/yo...one-world.html

The officials who administer emergency services in your area should be able to answer questions about this situation and may know whether or not it would be a problem for you based on their experiences. One of the major companies that installs these systems does point out the potential problem but it is buried in the fine print, and in some cases they say "may have to provide address to the 911 operator" so there is a possibility that would not be true in your 911 system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to transfer contacts from cell phone to cell phone [ 2 Answers ]

I have new cel phone from cricket I need to transfer phone contacts from tmobile to cricket phone I tried blue tooth but it ask me for a code I didn't know a code

Can I access my cell phone contacts from my computer (online) if I haven't my phone? [ 6 Answers ]

I need to get some contacts from my verizon cell phone, but I don't have my phone. Is there any way I can access this online?

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon?My contract is about to end.I want to switch to Verizon.So any suggestions?

Cheapest cell phone plan [ 4 Answers ]

What is the cheapest cell phone plan for 1 person?

View more questions Search