Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larazz Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2014, 09:45 AM
    Someone is spying on me HELP
    A person I know once installed a spying device on my phone which allows him to see all my messages phone calls photos etc... To prevent that I decided to use another device and I find out that the person is still spying on me. The person can access stuff I am sending/recieving (for example on whatsapp) even after I reset the device. I would like to know how he can do that and how to prevent that. PLEASE help. Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 09:56 AM
    Stop letting that person have access to your stuff? Personally I'd stop associating with "someone I know" if they did that to me.

Jul 8, 2014, 10:16 AM
    I am not associating with the person, I don't know how they are accessing my private conversations calls etc and I don't know hot to stop it, its like they have a spying device
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 10:23 AM
    How do you know for a fact they are then exactly? You have to have access to place a device on your phone. That device won't be invisible.

What motivation would they have? This is actually quite important to consider.

Jul 8, 2014, 10:33 AM
    One of my family member is tracking me I do not know how but to know when and who I'm talking to and I would like to stop it
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 10:37 AM
    How old are you? And what country?

Jul 8, 2014, 10:42 AM
    I am 16 in the middle east
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 10:48 AM
    I can understand why they are doing it then (it's very common in that part of the world) (some concept of family honor and keeping you virtuous)... and I'm going to guess (because I can't tell from the username) that you are female... and this person this other person is a guy. And Arrainged marriages are common and something you will be expected to accept. (a concept I don't agree with personally as we don't do this where I am from)

I know how they are doing it, its actually a function built into almost all phones these days, a GPS... and no you can't really do anythig to stop it, because you can't disable it or turn it off without the right information your parents would have as they are actually paying for the service and its their phone technically. Its a technology that has actually saved many lives.

It would be very different if you was an adult and the person doing it wasn't a family member.

Jul 8, 2014, 10:56 AM
    No you misunderstood, my father is spying on me I don't know how because we are in differen countries and he wants to know exactly what I'm doing. I want to stop it but I don't know what he is doing exactly
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 11:00 AM
    Did you read what I wrote... particularly the second paragraph.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 11:10 AM
    Are you a female?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 12:13 PM
    Throw out the phone and get a new one.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 12:18 PM
    At 16 I doubt she's got the money to pay for another on her own.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2014, 12:20 PM
    Does your father pay for phone account?

Jul 8, 2014, 12:33 PM
    I am a female I did use another device and threw my phone but he still managed to spy I don't know how... please tell me more about the device you talked about previously
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by larazz View Post
    No you misunderstood, my father is spying on me I don't know how because we are in differen countries and he wants to know exactly what I'm doing. I want to stop it but I don't know what he is doing exactly
    Do you live with your mother or other guardian(s)? Does she/they know your father is keeping track of what you are doing? Is she/they helping him keep track of what you are doing?

This comes under parental rules and supervision. You are a minor and subject to your parents' rules even if one parent doesn't live in the same country as you do.

Are you doing anything your parents/guardians should be worried about?
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 12:40 PM
    Its not a device... all or nearly all smart phones have a gps built into them that people who are paying for the service activate.. or the police activate. Actually activate is a bad explanation.. its always active.. thre is software that will report it directly... or the cell phone service provider will know where it is automatically. THe right people can get reports as to where it is and where its been.

You are a minor... and their child... there really is no right to privacy. And records of the calls you make and the calls you receive are kept no matter WHO your Cell phone provider is.

Your parents actually are entitled to know where you go and who you talk to....its part of being a parent and protecting their child from anyone and anything they see as a threat or danger. And there are many more every day...not fewer.

Jul 8, 2014, 12:46 PM
    Yes I am under guardian supervision and they are noy helping with it . What I don't understand is even if they don't know which device I'm using they can spy? How
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2014, 01:08 PM
    I think you are being paranoid. There is no way for them to use a device they are not aware of to determine where you go or who you correspond with.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 03:07 PM
    I agree with Scott on the part of the spying on you with a phone they don't even have the number to, if their name is on the contract... they could do it... but on someone else's phone... on a phone they know nothing about... they won't be able to do it. ( I failed to adress that part earlier)

Its not as easy as some TV shows might make it appear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are your appliances spying on you? [ 13 Answers ]

With the NSA spying revelation and other recent events... this article gives you pause to do some serious thinking about what we buy and use without really giving much thought to what others COULD do with them.... Living in a World Where Your Appliances Spy on You Posted on April 30, 2014...

Schools spying on students [ 28 Answers ]

Lower Merion PA School District (RICH VERY RICH) is allegedly spying on their students. They issued laptops and are able to access the web cams and look in on the student when ever they want when the laptop is turned on. Just wanted to know what you as parents (or even if you don't have kids like...

Computer spying [ 2 Answers ]

I just got FIOS and it's great but this is the firt time I had wireless. I had a few friends over for the 4th and we started talking and I asked if Its possible for people to see what I'm looking at on my computer somehow And one guy says it is possible, I argued about it and he could not...

Email Spying [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible for me to find out if someone is reading my email and who it might be? They could possibly know my password. I know I can change it, but it's tied to lots of things I do.

View more questions Search