Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vane_marteles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2014, 01:59 PM
    Construction bid?
    -i had a construction bid signed withno payment plan owner gave me money to start work and now I need more money to continue project which should be completed by July 9 he refuses to give me any more he said he will send out a check but that won't help in completion of work ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 03:57 PM
    Don't finish the work then.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2014, 04:08 PM
    You are fortunate the homeowner gave you funds to start work. I wouldn't have.
    If you purchased the materials and stored them on my property I would pay the invoiced amount of the material, and if in case you disappeared I could have another contractor install the materials.
    You can ask the homeowner to pay you for the work you have completed and materials in his/her possession.
    Give them a detailed breakdown and show them what they owe you for work satisfactorily completed.
    Sounds like they do not have the funds to pay you, or there are problems with the work performed, materials used, or lack of progress.
    Your best hope is- finish the work professionally as soon as possible. There is no requirement that I know of to prepay for work, materials etc in this situation, unless it is specified in the contract and apparently it is not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post-construction clean up bid [ 2 Answers ]

I have to bid on a job in a couple of days and I need current pricing advice for 2014. I have not seen this home yet, but it is in an affluent Long Island NY suburb in Nassau county. I was told that it is very large and my 4 man crew seemed acceptable to the contractor. This is my first bid of this...

How to bid on a new construction clean [ 3 Answers ]

How much should I charge for a new construction clean on a 15,000 sf building, glass doors and window cubicles in and out, spot clean carpet in 500 sf area

What to bid on construction clean up job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am starting my own construction-cleanup business but I am having a little trouble in the bidding department. I am not sure what to charge. If I should charge per square foot what is an average rate? Windows would be extra charge as well. I live in Maine. Also would like to know if anyone knows...

Construction cleaning bid for sq. Ft in Hawaii [ 10 Answers ]

I was woundering if anyone knows how to bid per sq. ft. on a 1500 sq. ft new construction town home. I need to put in a total bid and brake it down to sq. ft. do you know how much cents per sq. ft. I live on the big island of Hawaii. The rates are definatley different from the mainland prices so...

How do I give a construction bid [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing mew construction,I need to Know the correct procedure to do the documents :rolleyes:

View more questions Search