Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csmolly123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2014, 11:06 AM
    Immediate immigration assistance needed please
    My husband and I have been married for over 3 years, we have a 2 year old daughter together. He lives in Kurdistan (north of Iraq) I am a US citizen living in USA. He recently had his IV interview in March, and they didn't tell him if his case is approved or denied. They just gave him back his passport and told him to check the status online due to administrative processing. When we check the status it says please wait SEVERAL WEEKS.. its over 3 months.. This is ridiculous! It's not safe in Iraq, they need to approve his case. I applied for his IV in Nov 2012, its almost 2 years. We need him here as soon as possible. Any suggestions, is anybody else going through the same situation, PLEASE let me know. Or, is there any lawyer that can guarantee help me with this case? Any information is appreciated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2014, 11:15 AM
    3 months is nothing... many countries the wait is in the YEARS range.

Hiring a good Immigrations lawyer can help make sure all the correct things are being done by you (its far easier to do the wrong things than the right ones)... but nobody can make the INS work any faster than they do (actyually there are literally just a couple that can, but odds are you don't have an inside tract with them)... and quite the contrary... make enough of a stink and they will go slower if anything. Yes I do know that to be a fact.

Jul 9, 2014, 02:42 AM
    Thank you. I appreciate your feedback.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 02:58 AM
    And some countries are harder for immigration, than others. If unsafe, is there other locations, he can travel to pending.

Jul 9, 2014, 09:52 AM
    Fr_Chuck,
    You mean if he can transfer his case to another location?
    I have asked that and I don't think it's possible after he has done the interview.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jul 10, 2014, 01:26 PM
    "Administrative Processing" is typically the delay caused by the security checks required for IV issuance. The delays can be very long. The case is likely approved as far as your marriage, etc. but the IV cannot be issued by law unless all the background and security checks come back clean.

Good luck.

Jul 11, 2014, 11:00 AM
    Thank you so much for that information NYcityboy.
    Although, when my husband did the interview there was another woman with him and he said they kept her passport but didn't keep his.. is this processing different for some people or for females perhaps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assistance needed [ 1 Answers ]

I am an american citizen living in st.kitts and I would be getting married next month. After the wedding I would like to file for my husband can you please tell me the procedure filing for him and how long does it take for him to obtain a temporary green card so that he can come to the usa when I...

No assistance needed Just FYI [ 1 Answers ]

Did no replys however after much word revising on Google I found infor mation I was looking for and I am on track as I thought However a simple yes or no would have let me know quicker, It seems to me this board automatically assumes that some on is asking them to do work for them. I could...

Algebra assistance needed [ 2 Answers ]

My Nephew Has Been Out Of School For A While And His Now Returning To High School And Needs Assistance With 9th Grade Algebra. How Do I Obtain The Knowledge Or Tools To Help Him?

Assistance needed on NJ 1040NR [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on L2 and I started working from Sep 29 2008. I live in PA and I my office is in NJ. PA WITHHOLDNG of $ 468.37 (total for 3 months)is deducted from my salary Also NJ Tax for the following items are been deducted each paycheck. A total of $141.34 is deducted from my salary in 2008 - ...

View more questions Search