Jul 7, 2014, 09:41 AM
    Fleas maybe
    browneyes1994 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2014, 10:04 AM
    More than likely to be fleas,
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 7, 2014, 12:35 PM
    Fleas or ticks. Fleas are tiny, and jump. Ticks are bigger, and move slowly.

Both should be removed. You get buy treatments at any pet store, and most department stores.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2014, 04:49 PM
    Most likely fleas.
    Please go to the vet for prevention. Do not under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES get flea medication for a cat over the counter from box stores, etc. Especially not zodiac or hartz. Google Hartz kills and you'll see why. I see it all too much and it's not worth it.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 05:29 PM
    I agree with Sariss. Fleas on a cat are a matter for professionals. ALL the chemicals designed to control fleas are either dangerous to felines or will make the feline dangerous to humans during application (think bath). Small animal veterinarians have the facilities (in most cases) to keep the humans safe while getting the fleas off the feline.

Yes your kitty loves you, but that won't keep it from turning your arms into hamburger if you try to do this yourself.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 8, 2014, 06:25 PM
    Here are some cat safe flea remedies. They are more labor intensive than over the counter flea meds, but they won't hurt you or kitty. They may not be as immediately effective as chemical flea meds, but they could save you the cost of a vet trip.

5 Natural Ways to Prevent & Get Rid of Fleas on Cats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is this bug that I found on my couch, Please tell me that it is not bed bugs [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what this bug is. I found it on my couch and it is the first one.

Tiny brown bugs in kitchen and found in dry foods [ 1 Answers ]

I have seen these tiny brown bugs that are smaller than a grain of rice (seems one whole body part without wings) in my dry pastas, breads and crawling in cabinets. I did put some bay leaves down in the cabinet which the bread is in, and so far they have not gone back but are still prominent else...

Cats and bugs [ 7 Answers ]

Why do cats eat flies? My kitten just loves them, he'll go nuts trying to catch them, does whatever it takes and gets on stuff he should trying to get them. We've resorted to catching them for him to keep him from breaking stuff. What is a cats fascination with flies. He don't like any other bugs...

I found two bugs in my yard and I would like to know what they are. [ 3 Answers ]

10506 10507 10508 10509 10510

Cats Matted Fur! [ 1 Answers ]

My cat was quite short haired, but of late she has bloomed into a mass of fur, she is constantly grooming and generally keeps her fur looking great but I've found some mats of hair at the back of her legs I keep shaving them off, but they keep coming back again, when she's been grooming herself...

View more questions Search