Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cort_xoxo Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2014, 02:36 PM
    I bought my boyfriend a wedding band!!
    Okay... so we have been engaged for a year now and we set a date... We haven't picked his ring out yet so I went and bought one to surprise him! I need to think of a special romantic way to surprise him with it here was one of my ideas. I was going to put a note on the door so he would see it when he got off work and it was going to say follow the balloons. I was going to have heart balloons leading from the door to our bedroom and have the ring on the bed with rose petals everywhere and each balloon was going to have a note on it with a reason I love him and was going to videotape his reaction. Sound to corny to do for a guy?? What do you guys think?? Guys point of views would be great help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Aren't wedding rings exchanged at the wedding? Why would you give it to him now?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2014, 03:03 PM
    Rose pedals and balloons are a bit girly. How about tying it to the handle of a Harley or the trigger guard of an AR-15(LOL)

Jul 5, 2014, 03:33 PM
    Yes there exchanged at the wedding but we still have to pick one out... and were getting married next month...

I just want to get it now... he wouldn't have to ware it until we actually got married
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2014, 04:38 PM
    So you are getting married to this person who, on June 24, 2014 you asked " Why doesn't he want sex with me anymore"?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2014, 10:34 PM
    Wedding bands are not normally a surprise. In fact, I have never heard ot it being so. They are not worn, till the wedding takes place. Normally they are even matching, so couple picks them out together

This surprise, may not go well at all.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2014, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cort_xoxo View Post
    I just want to get it now... he wouldn't have to ware it until we actually got married
    He isn't supposed to wear it until you put it on his finger as you two recite vows. This isn't a plaything, a fun piece of jewelry to flash around.

Did he buy a wedding ring for you?
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jul 6, 2014, 10:15 AM
    Hi cort,
    I think you want to do it your own way and I feel that balloons and other stuff may not excite him, I mean if it was for a girl it will do, but for a man it has to be something different, I like the notes idea. I would recommend that you once u check Google, can find so many surprise ideas from specially for men.
    All the Best
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2014, 12:28 PM
    I don't see anything wrong with your plan but don't judge him on how excited or not excited he becomes about the entire scenario. He may or may not find it as big a deal as you are taking it to be (and I am not saying you shouldn't take it with whatever level of enthusiasm it gives you). You know him better than we do-that's for certain. I think it s a pretty nice arrangement you are planning personally, but if he is not having such a great day or is tired from a long day at work he might not react the way you think, and ma0641's reference to your earlier post does make me feel that you need to think this over some more.

Jul 9, 2014, 05:30 AM
    That wasn't my intention.. for it to be for fun or for it to be a play thing so I'm kindly asking you to off (:

Thank you to all the other people that didn't have rude things to say... I didn't end up doing roses I just did balloons and Hershey kisses... but he loves his ring! It was a moment I will remember forever he scoped me up gave me a huge kiss and actually cried(': ♡
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2014, 06:24 AM
    I didn't read anything posted by anyone that was rude in the entire thread. Everything that was said or asked was appropriate.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jul 9, 2014, 02:00 PM
    Good to hear that! :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 02:17 PM
    He cried? Seriously?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When is the best time to start buying an wedding band for a guy? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got engaged on Christmas day. I was just wondering when is the best time to buy the wedding band for a guy?

Old gold wedding band markings [ 0 Answers ]

My husband's Great-Grandmothers wedding band has a stamp inside that is a "B with a star and another B" . There are no other marking, other than the initials of his Great Grandparents engraved inside. The ring is quite heavy and has almost a rose gold look to it.

14K Gold Wedding Band (See Attached Picture) [ 5 Answers ]

What is the price for this ring?

Hallmark on Gold Wedding Band [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a ring and I was wondering about the hallmarks on it. 1st is L1/2(which I assume is the size) then CG&s in an oval, then a crown in a square, then 22 in a square, then an anchor on its side in a square and finally a Z in a square. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

View more questions Search