Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3044Artemis Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2014, 05:48 PM
    Low cost medicine
    Does anyone have website where no cost or low cost medications can be obtained? I am asking for a friend whose meds have more than tripled in cost and generics aren't effective.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2014, 06:50 PM
    The only suggestion I have is that some major Pharmacies (such as Target and Walmart) have their own programs and can sometimes provide a lower cost through those plans.
    I had a particular precsrip. filled at Target about a year ago and it would have cost me about $ 40 copay through my fairly good drug plan, but Target had a way of processing it through their system for about $ 8, so I didn't use my insurance on that occasion- needless to say. I have not had experience when choosing to use a name brand instead of the generic.
    If you search "programs to help pay for prescriptions" you will find many sites but I have no way to determine their quality or validity.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2014, 08:07 PM
    Be aware. If you are in the US... most of the "websites" are from over seas companies, some say Canada or Mexico, but most are really from India or Pakistan and some other third world countries. A large majority of the ones on internet, are not real, or if they are, they do not contain proper dosages. Also many have harmful substances as fillers.

There was a news special a few years ago, about this.

Also, it is illegal... you can not legally buy prescription medication, from over seas. What happens often, you order, they take the money, and if they do ship.. customs catches it, and keeps it.. Luck is, if you get it, and the medication does not hurt you. Or if after giving them, your credit card, they do not charge you triple or more the price.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any medicine to take just to low the creatine? [ 3 Answers ]

My mother is high of creatine and she is diabetic.now she is subject for dialisis.

High creatinine low Hb can be normal by medicine. [ 0 Answers ]

Creatinine 6.7 Hb 8.2 both kidney are decrease in size.Diabetic and high bp patient.Any medicine can be treat this? Medicine taken : Pan d,minipress xl,cardivas 3.125,phostat,fefol,amaryl 1.

3-38 Mixed Cost, Choosing Cost Drivers, and High-Low and Visual-Fit Methods Cedar Rap [ 0 Answers ]

3-38 Mixed Cost, Choosing Cost Drivers, and High-Low and Visual-Fit Methods Cedar Rapids Implements Company produces farm implements. Cedar Rapids is in the process of measuring its manufacturing costs and is particularly interested in the costs of the manufacturing maintenance activity, since...

Low cost divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I am a low income person, where do I go to file a divorce at low to no cost.

View more questions Search