Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    okdreammaker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2014, 08:55 AM
    Sore spot on gum above molar after root canal
    I just had a root canal (tooth 3?) one week ago today. I had been having soreness in the gums directly around that tooth for about two years (after a dentist replaced a crown-why I don't know, since I was having no issues at all). Was a bad fit and with the teeth banging together, I guess caused stress and trauma to that tooth and the subsequent pain and irritation. I endured the soreness until last week when my dentist referred my to a reputable entodontist who did the root canal. Had serious soreness from the x-ray slide equipment (I have a small mouth), which as finally about healed up. Still a spot of soreness (almost feels like a puss pocket) but a sore spot on the edge of the gum where it stops at the tooth. Tried to look with a mirror, but to no avail. Need to get permanent filling, but not sure... Abrasions have gone almost completely away but the other spot seems to be intensifying maybe?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2014, 12:14 PM
    Hi okdreammaker,
    You should give the endodontist a call and have him/her take a look at it. If there IS pus it should be dealt with as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain when pressing on gum after root canal [ 8 Answers ]

I have a sharp pain in upper gum area above the tooth that was recently root canaled. The pain is always present when pressure is applied to that gum area or on the area between the lip and nose when pressed against the gum area. I have had 2 rounds of anti-biotics. I have had 3 sets of x-rays in a...

Root canal on molar with crown [ 5 Answers ]

I need a root canal on my tooth with a 3 month old crown. I was told it was possible to drill on the top of the tooth, perform the root canal,and then put in a permanent filling. Can this be done safely in one appt.

Upper front tooth broke off slightly below gum line, can I get a root canal? [ 6 Answers ]

I knew it wouldn't last long the last time I had it filled but was hoping it would last until I could save up for an implant, it didn't. It' broke slightly below the gum line. I still can not afford an implant but it's hard to talk and eat now. I need something to last for a year or so. I'm...

"Tightness" in gum and tooth after root canal and crown [ 0 Answers ]

I have seen some similar questioned answered here, but nothing exactly like what I'm experiencing. I had a root canal (tooth #3) early in May (2011), actually it was an emergency procedure done while I was on vacation, because I could not fly home with the pain. I was between dentist at the time,...

Root Canal Through a Molar with a Gold Crown [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a root canal on a molar that has a gold crown and what are the possible complications? Should I use my regular dentist or a Endodontist? Thanks

View more questions Search