Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 6, 2014, 07:35 AM
    Tal you might want to watch the video contained in this site.

https://news.vice.com/article/aclu-r...like-war-zones
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2014, 07:28 AM
    speech insurrection is never the answer, it just gets people killed, the last time there was an insurrection it end badly for those who sought to exercise their rights
    Who said anything about an insurrection?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 08:27 AM
    Recommendations for reforming such government programs included requiring justification for use of specific equipment acquired through the 1033 program, imposing limits on the amount and type of military property acquired by law enforcement agencies, and that law enforcement agencies keep records of property they purchase with government funds.
    The report also advocated for greater oversight of SWAT teams throughout the country, as well as enhanced record-keeping and studies to track the use and impact of such units.
    I agree with this part.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2014, 09:57 AM
    Did someone say our gun doesn't protect us, it's just an ICON?

Veteran With Concealed Carry Permit Shoots Back At Chicago Gunman

Had he not been armed he and his friends would likely be dead at the hands of another Chicago punk.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2014, 08:35 PM
    isolated instance, there are 260,000,000 icons and one owner who stood up, as they say one swallow does not a summer make, and one gun owner who stood up isn't a confirmation that owning a gun protects you or confers rights upon you
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2014, 02:19 AM
    Clete, don't say that, we will end up with a barrage of old chestnuts a.k.a. Lott and Mustard studies.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 05:03 AM
    It happens quite often that people with their own legally owed guns stand up to the criminals... and win.

But you won't hear about it on most of the media because they are consumed with their love affair with Obama and Hillary and protecting them both from themselves... there is no time pr space left to report on citizens standing up to criminals and winning.

99% of the lame stream media would love to see the Bill of Rights and the Constitution get burned.

Jul 8, 2014, 05:11 AM
    Thank goodness you are in touch with the one percent.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 05:23 AM
    One Percent? You are out of touch.. the overwhelming majority of American households own guns... many have more than one. A smaller number have conceal carry permits... many of them would as well.

And a concealed carry permit is not unusual. I live in a right to carry state. I don't need a permit to carry in the open. And they legally can't turn me down for a concealed carry permit if I applied because I have none of the flags that would prevent it. There are a lot of states like this as well.

I don't have one because I cross state lines daily into areas where criminal activity and the criminals are given higher status and more rights than those who obey the law.

Most of them would stand up to a criminal if it came down to it... where you get one percent from is beyond understanding.

I've got a pump shotgun loaded with birdshot... turns a criminal into hamburger...actually more leathal at close range than buckshot, and less risk to neighbors, pretty much assuring they won't commit another crime. And it would be completely within my legal right to do... without threat of preosecution. God love the Castle Doctrine, and stand your ground laws.

Jul 8, 2014, 05:35 AM
    Believe it or not I am sympathetic to your plight. However, my one percent reference was in relation to the media.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 06:26 AM
    Ultra conservatives are a minority in this country.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 07:03 AM
    Really... polls show people that consider themselves Liberals... are the true minority.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 07:06 AM
    It's a country of growing independent thinkers.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 07:11 AM
    You need a lot more of those.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 07:33 AM
    Independent lemmings you mean...
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2014, 08:32 AM
    Would that more of them on the left think at all.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2014, 04:49 AM
    Would that more of them on the left think at all.
    Is that English?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2014, 11:50 PM
    it seems minorities are a minority there, who would have thought?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song without the words [ 1 Answers ]

I need the insteumental version of a song?

Need to find out a song title I have some of the words from the song [ 2 Answers ]

The song goes like this: Be good for your mama Cause she'll need a hand to hold Boy she loves you More than you could know

What are the words in this song [ 2 Answers ]

:)hello I was wondering if any of you new the words in this song The song is called HERE AND NOW by LETTERS TO CLEO IF ANY OF YOU NOW I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

What's the name of this song with the following words? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings this or what is the song called? All I remember is: Jessie paints a picture of how it's going to be By now I should know better Your dreams are never free Come and tell me all about your paintings of the sea Jessie, you can always sell your dreams to me It's driving me nuts...

Words to a song. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the artist and title of a song I heard on the radio 5weeks ago,it's sung by a male artist and is a ballad containing the words "take the hand of a quiet man" it's driving me mad please help!

View more questions Search