Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2014, 09:55 PM
    Like the words of a song
    don't take your guns to town

US retail giant Target asks customers to leave firearms at home | News.com.au

it's like an echo from my youth

"Don't Take Your Guns To Town"

A young cowboy named Billy Joe grew restless on the farm
    A boy filled with wonderlust who really meant no harm
    He changed his clothes and shined his boots
    And combed his dark hair down
    And his mother cried as he walked out

[Chorus]
    Don't take your guns to town son
    Leave your guns at home Bill
    Don't take your guns to town

He laughed and kissed his mom
    And said your Billy Joe's a man
    I can shoot as quick and straight as anybody can
    But I wouldn't shoot without a cause
    I'd gun nobody down
    But she cried again as he rode away

[Chorus]

He sang a song as on he rode
    His guns hung at his hips
    He rode into a cattle town
    A smile upon his lips
    He stopped and walked into a bar
    And laid his money down
    But his mother's words echoed again

[Chorus]

He drank his first strong liquor then to calm his shaking hand
    And tried to tell himself he had become a man
    A dusty cowpoke at his side began to laugh him down
    And he heard again his mothers words

[Chorus]

Filled with rage then
    Billy Joe reached for his gun to draw
    But the stranger drew his gun and fired
    Before he even saw
    As Billy Joe fell to the floor
    The crowd all gathered 'round
    And wondered at his final words

[Chorus]

but in reality it is the opening shots in a backlash against gun culture
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 06:54 AM
    It is not unusual for a private establishment to make rules governing patrons attire ,and behavior .
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 06:57 AM
    Target earned a spot on my do not patronize list... not that I've gone there much or bought much there before.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 08:12 AM
    I respect them for taking a stand on customer safety
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I respect them for taking a stand on customer safety
    You are aware of how BAD their "cutomer saftey" record is...

Timeline of Target's Data Breach And Aftermath: How Cybertheft Snowballed For The Giant Retailer

Customers have far, FAR more to fear from Target, than they do from any other customer.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 09:40 AM
    Cybercrime and fear from being assaulted or killed in a store are two separate issues.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 09:46 AM
    Well, I know YOU would not grasp the situation... How many people have ever been shot inside a Target by another customer? ZERO

How many people have had their lives uprooted over the lack of competence and due dilligence by Target employees> Roughly 110 million people.

And from one of your beloved uber left wing media sources. Target: Hacking hit up to 110 million customers - Jan. 10, 2014

Unless you or someone you know personally has been the victim of indentity theft...you can't grasp the extent of trouble that causes or for how many years they will be dealing with the results of it after it is discovered.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 09:54 AM
    Target requested customers refrain from "open carry" in their stores after some bozos decided to walk around Target stores toting rifles. I'm ok with that. Besides, if something happened the bad guys are going to take out the obvious targets first, the idiots with the rifles. Then hopefully a guard or someone with a CCL can furnish the taxpayer relief shot to the perp.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 09:59 AM
    Unless you or someone you know personally has been the victim of indentity theft...you can't grasp the extent of trouble that causes or for how many years they will be dealing with the results of it after it is discovered.
    Pssst... it's part of my job to protect people from that. I'll always know more than you on that subject. :-)
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 10:11 AM
    Pssst... it's part of my job to protect people from that. I'll always know more than you on that subject. :-)

So you claim, so you claim... since you are so fiond of saying stuff like that.

How many people do you know who were actually victims of Identity theft... that had their bank accounts emptied, or a substantial part of them before it was discovered? I can name several... One is still dealing with the fallout 10 years after it happened even though the people that did it were caught and put in jail in a matter of months.

As compaired to a supposed threat of something that hasn't occurred...
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 11:43 AM
    Still better than my kids being shot.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 11:46 AM
    Your kids are more likely to be shot by an out of control cop, than a law abiding citizen with a gun.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 12:05 PM
    If someone shoots up or robs a department store or a 7-11 or a theater or a school then he obviously isn't a law abiding citizen is he? That's the people to be worried about.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2014, 12:21 PM
    You are so far out in left field with that argument NK... that you aren't even in the parking lot much less the ballpark.

MOST people who do those acts... aren't legal gun owners to begine with.

But then, I Canada... thats a concept that's hard to grasp. Because the only people there with guns are the criminals and the Canadian Gestapo. And you have to be in fear of both.

Here, 99.9999% of the people with guns don't commit crimes.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2014, 03:36 PM
    Here, 99.9999% of the people with guns don't commit crimes.
    no it's the guns that commit the crime and they dare the only ones who kill 40,000 people a year. Given your rediculous statistic which places the number of criminals with guns at about 300, that is a big kill rate don't you think?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 04:32 PM
    If someone shoots up or robs a department store or a 7-11 or a theater or a school then he obviously isn't a law abiding citizen is he? That's the people to be worried about.
    So how does the Target policy keep the non-law abiding citizen out of the store? I could never figure out how these policies of stores are supposed to protect anyone at all. The guy that is going to go on a rampage isn't going to stop and say, "damn, I wanted to go in there and shoot people but their policy says I can't carry a gun into the store."

With that said, I agree with the reasoning that caused them to start the policy. I'm licensed to carry...I carry all the time....but nobody has to see it or even know that I have it on me. At the same time, the simple fact that I have it on me in no way endangers anyone around me.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2014, 06:04 AM
    I someone shoots up or robs a department store or a 7-11 or a theater or a school then he obviously isn't a law abiding citizen is he? That's the people to be worried about
    Yup, that's what we've been saying. Yet the gun control crowd wants to disarm the good guys.
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2014, 06:08 AM
    I guess anyone outside of the US will never understand your gun culture.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2014, 04:48 PM
    I guess anyone outside of the US will never understand your gun culture.
    Don't just narrow it to gun culture, but the whole of the culture is skewed to me, if I can't do it then it isn't wrong, or undesirable, it is an infringement of some imagined right. Other cultures are capable of living free lives without the gun, what you have there is a culture that needs the gun becuase they have a violent culture created by the gun. The second amendment didn't say they had the right to use the gun for any reason other than the defense of the country
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2014, 05:16 AM
    It's not an imagined right, it is enumerated in the constitution and upheld by the courts. You people don't hunt in Canada and and Australia? You don't believe in being able to protect yourself,  your family, your property, your country? It isn't we law abiding gun owners creating some violent culture, we're the ones minding our own business while clueless, intolerant morons try to force their values on us and leave us vulnerable to the godless animals their values created.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song without the words [ 1 Answers ]

I need the insteumental version of a song?

Need to find out a song title I have some of the words from the song [ 2 Answers ]

The song goes like this: Be good for your mama Cause she'll need a hand to hold Boy she loves you More than you could know

What are the words in this song [ 2 Answers ]

:)hello I was wondering if any of you new the words in this song The song is called HERE AND NOW by LETTERS TO CLEO IF ANY OF YOU NOW I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW

What's the name of this song with the following words? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings this or what is the song called? All I remember is: Jessie paints a picture of how it's going to be By now I should know better Your dreams are never free Come and tell me all about your paintings of the sea Jessie, you can always sell your dreams to me It's driving me nuts...

Words to a song. [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the artist and title of a song I heard on the radio 5weeks ago,it's sung by a male artist and is a ballad containing the words "take the hand of a quiet man" it's driving me mad please help!

View more questions Search