Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jomana Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2014, 10:42 AM
    Small eggs problem
    Hi everyone!
    I weren't ovulating,so I went to my obgyn for a consultation,she did an ultrasound and told me that I have lazy ovaries,my ovaries do not work.so, she gave me Progynova 2mg, 2pills in the evening for 10 days to get my period.I had my period on June 21st,then I took Clomid 50mg 2pills in the evening from cd2 to cd6.well,today "july 2nd" was my ultrasound to measure the eggs but they were small. One of them was 7,9mm.So,my doctor gave an oppointment for Sunday July 5th to see if they get any bigger.please please help me understand my condition I'm really in a shoc.please give me guidance and why my eggs were small even after taking a medication.I'm hoping for the best on Sunday.thank you
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2014, 01:11 PM
    Try not to despair jomana... while small, it may be that follicle size will increase when they check again. Your doctor will likely check again a few more days after that. It may also be that you will need to have more than one round of clomid, which is not unusual at all, for your body to get the message. In fact, it is pretty common. Sometimes the dosage will be changed or even change the clomid days slightly.
    Please keep us posted on your results.

Jul 2, 2014, 04:09 PM
    Thank you so much for replying.I will post my results on Sunday,please wish me the best because I'm so scared.

Jul 7, 2014, 04:46 PM
    Hello DoulaLC,
    I went again on Sunday and when she measured the eggs,they were small and they didn't grow in size.
    So,she gave me Parlodel to reduce Prolactin hormone,and not to stop it until she tells me.and Clomid 50mg 2 pills in the evening from cd2 to cd6.in your opinion is it a good plan for me.Thank you so much
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2014, 05:22 PM
    Hi jomana,

I don't know what tests you may have had, but if prolactin is elevated, that can cause a lower level in one of the hormones associated with stimulating follicle growth (FSH). Parlodel is sometimes used to lower prolactin levels in order to help change FSH levels which can possibly result in follicles maturing as they normally would. Another round of Clomid is not unusual.

It sounds like your doctor is following a normal course of action. Keep us posted on how things go for you.

Jul 23, 2014, 01:36 PM
    Hello DoulaLC,
    I hope you're doing just fine
    Please help me I need an advice,
    You know my condition as I explained to you before,but the problem is that I'm 4 days late and have this white creamy discharge,is it possible that I ovulated late and it might be a sign of pregnancy or It is normal to be late.I'm really freaking out right now.

Hello DoulaLC,
    I hope you're doing just fine
    Please help me I need an advice,
    You know my condition as I explained to you before,but the problem is that I'm 4 days late and have this white creamy discharge,is it possible that I ovulated late and it might be a sign of pregnancy or It is normal to be late.I'm really freaking out right now.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2014, 05:14 PM
    Hi jomana,

It can be very normal to be a little late; on occasion even quite a bit late. Certainly, since you are trying to conceive, pregnancy is going to be the main consideration.

Give it a bit longer to see if your period shows up late, if not, try a pregnancy test, or see your doctor for a test in office.

Oct 4, 2014, 10:17 AM
    Hello DoulaLC,
    I'm sorry for not updating you.
    Well,this month I got my period on September 14th,I took clomid from cd2, 2pills together in the
    Evening for 5 days.On Cd10 I went to my obgyn for my follicles ultrasound,she found a follicle size

19mm and she told me that's very good follicle :-) I was very happy of course.so she gave Ovitrelle trigger shot that same day at 15h30,and gave me médrol 2 pills in the day me and my husband for the 3 days of having sex.
    Due to some circumstances we couldn't have sex that day,so the sexual intercourse started on Cd11,Cd12,cd13 and the sex on Cd 11 was at 14h30.(afternoon)
    Now,I'm 12 days after I took my trigger shot and having sensitive breast with an increase in my appetit.

So,I wanted to ask you when to expect my period?

And when can I test for pregnancy?

Because I read that period should arrive 14 days after taking the trigger shot? Is that true?
    I'm very anxious and I really want to test as soon as possible
    So please can you guide me
    Thank you so much
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2014, 12:58 PM
    Hi jomana,

Good to hear the follicle size went up considerably. Your timing is fine, even without being able to have sex the same day. While ovulation can happen about 24 hours after the injection, it usually takes a bit longer, so timing should be on the mark even if ovulation did occur a bit earlier than the norm.

Your period arriving 14 days after the trigger is an average as it will depend on when ovulation occurs, just as it would for someone not needing medical intervention. If your ovulation occurred 24 hours after the trigger, your period would likely show up sooner than for someone whose ovulation happened to occur later, for example at 48 hours after the trigger.

You could certainly test now, as women do sometimes get a positive as early as about 10-12 dpo, but if the result were negative, that doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't pregnant and would just need to test again several days later. A later ovulation would usually mean a later implantation, so it would require a bit more time for a possible pregnancy to show, and just a few days can make all the difference. Tests are relatively inexpensive, so if it would give you some peace of mind, test. I know the waiting can be difficult!

Are you temping as well? Many women like to keep track of their temp in hopes that it will remain elevated up to and passed the time they would have expected their period.

Fingers crossed!!

Oct 4, 2014, 02:01 PM
    Thank you so much for replying this soon,
    Yes I started temping about 3 days and it's always the same 36.6 and this degree for me is high because the norm of my temp in under 36.
    I'm hoping for the best

Oct 7, 2014, 10:45 PM
    Hello,
    So I tested this morning at 6.05 and got a faint positive,
    Is it possible that I'm pregnant?
    I'll test again on Saturday and hopelly it gets darker.
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2014, 03:31 AM
    About 13 dpo, yes, it's possible. If you followed the directions carefully, and read the result in the time specified on the test, then it's promising. Fingers crossed it is more evident when you test again!

Oct 8, 2014, 04:51 AM
    Please tell me that it's not because the Ovitrelle injection is still in my body.
    Because yeaah I got excited but then I remembered the injection!!
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2014, 04:47 PM
    It will depend on how much you had. Do you know the amount used? Lower amounts will be out of your system sooner.
    At 15 days passed the injection, it would be unusual for it to still be in your system if a common dosage was used, but testing again on Saturday will let you know for certain.

Oct 8, 2014, 11:36 PM
    It's Ovitrelle 250 microgramme/0,5ml ( 6500 )
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2014, 03:37 AM
    The 6500 usually would be out of your system. Did you read the test result within the time stated on the pregnancy test? Reading it later, for example coming back to take another look 30 minutes later, may sometimes result in what appears to be a faint positive.

If the light positive showed within the first 2-5 minutes, it would be difficult not to get your hopes up. Hope it turns out well when you test again! Wishing you much joy on Saturday!

Oct 9, 2014, 03:43 AM
    Well,I still have the test of yesterday and it always show a faint line
    I cheked the test about a million time.
    And yes it took about 5 minutes for the faint line to appear.
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2014, 01:46 PM
    Once you see a line, it will remain. What you don't want to have happen is that there is no line within the first few minutes, but then you see a faint one when you check later on. That would not be an accurate result. Having a possible line, or obviously a definite line, show up in the first few minutes is what you would want to see.

What brand of test did you use?

Oct 9, 2014, 10:52 PM
    We're on Friday morning and I honestly I couldn't wait till Saturday,I'm not the kind of person that can wait,
    So I took the test about 6.15 and guess what happened,
    I got my BFP!!
    I'm very happy and I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart for replying to my concerns,
    I'll keep updating you,I think I'll visit my doctor soon.
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2014, 02:39 AM
    That is wonderful! I'm very happy for you... very exciting! Updates would be lovely.

Feel free to ask questions along the way; we'd be happy to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eggs problem [ 1 Answers ]

When I got my lovebirds,they laid 6 eggs from which 3 came out n 3 didn't. After 1 month and a half, only 1 egg was laid and baby didn't come out. Then 3 were laid n same thing happened. Now I see that she is going to lay eggs and this time I want babies to come out. What can be the reasons of her...

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

Small Engine Carburetor Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an approx 10 year old Murray lawn tractor with a 20hp Briggs & Stratton twin cylinder engine. It has been running uneven for a little while. It will rev up and down in about a 2 second cycle. If I have a load on the engine (i.e. in drive with the blades engaged) it will run just fine for...

Girlfriend wants a break... small problem [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so this is my situation... I am in high school, and I met this girl at the beginning of the year who I really liked, and she liked me back and all was fine. I never really treated her like a "serious" girlfriend, although I would take her out occasionally. Now, she decided to break up...

Have a small problem [ 38 Answers ]

[ :confused: Hi I am running windows 98Se. Celeron 850MHz.ATI viedo card and creative sound blaster live. I have my on board sound card shut off. 256 ram. I don't know what else I can tell you about my puter... Ok here is my problem When I go on to the internet to check my email at Yahoo my...

View more questions Search