jomana Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2014, 10:41 AM
    Thank you so much

Jan 25, 2015, 11:53 AM
    Hello Doula,
    It's been quite sometime,
    I need your help because I'm freaking out now,
    I had yesterday a problem with my mother in law, I started crying, then without knowing what I'm doing,crying and shouting next thing I started feeling my hands numb,then m pinky and ring finger begab to curl. The last thing lasted for about 20 to 30 seconds only.
    I really don't know what happened to me.
    I'm 19 weeks pregnant today, and I'm so afraid that I harmed my baby.
    Please tell me I'm waiting for your answer, and tell me any techniques to calm myself nextime, it's the first time that this thing happens to me.
    I can't go to my doc until 22 weeks.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2015, 12:10 PM
    Hi jomana... it likely was a stress reaction, which isn't likely to be a concern for baby as frequent or prolonged stress might be. Obviously the best solution is to avoid people who may seem to put you in stressful situations. Not always possible, so you will need to learn to recognize the potential for a stressful situation and walk away, let the other person know that you will not engage them in an argument, and stop the escalation to a point of causing yourself so much upset.

Now would be a good time in your pregnancy to learn and start practicing relaxation techniques. They will benefit you now and in labor. Maybe look into a pregnancy yoga class at a local hospital or other facility. There are many videos online available as well. The breathing and mindfulness can help you in times when you do start to feel stressed or upset.

The more that you practice, the less you will have to think about it when needed... your body will respond easily and you will have some good coping tools to use the rest of your life for many different situations.

Keep in mind that even if you may not be able to go see your doctor, you can always call their office if you ever have any concerns. Many times they will be able to ease your mind over the phone.

Jan 25, 2015, 12:33 PM
    Thank you so much,I'm relieved now.

Feb 10, 2015, 02:13 PM
    Hello Doula,
    I just have a quick question,
    I had a good pregnancy so far, no nausea or sickness,
    But the thing is this week I started feeling my stomach hurts every time I eat,
    Like if my stomach is rejecting the food,
    I don't know what to do, everything I eat is causing cramps.
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2015, 05:57 PM
    Where in your stomach does it hurt? How long does it last? Is it only after you eat? There can be a number of possible reasons. You could try smaller meals, and avoiding anything too fatty or fried. Those can sometimes be enough to cause pain and/or upset after eating. Could be due to constipation, trapped gas, etc. Any change in bowel movements?

May be something easily remedied with a change in diet, for example, or it may be something that your doctor would need to check into more. If it continues, and/or worsens, I'd let your doctor know.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 10, 2015, 06:59 PM
    How far along are you now? When is your due date?

I know that in my second and third trimester I had issues with greasy food, too much starch like potatoes, or too much cheese. I found that eating smaller meals 6 times a day helped me a lot. At least 8 glasses of water a day to help keep things moving, and foods containing natural fiber. Constipation is a concern during pregnancy, and can cause stomach issues, major ones.

What's your diet like?

Feb 16, 2015, 01:19 PM
    A reply for Doula,
    I'm sorry for taking long to reply,because I wasn't sure about the problem,
    I went to my doctor and she told me that It's Colon,so I need to avoid fatty or fried food.
    She told to follow a diet.
    Anothet thing that made me concern is that she found out that the head of my baby is down.
    She told me that it's not a bad thing but I need to rest a little bit so he could go up again.
    I found out that I'm having a boy.

I need another advise from you, I live far from my family so I miss them so much,and I'm planning to travel in about 15 days on the 6 th or 7th of March, the trip takes from 6 to 7 hours by bus.
    Is it safe for me to travel and what are your advices for me.
    Thank you

Feb 16, 2015, 01:45 PM
    A reply for ALTY
    I'm 22 weeks pregnant, my due date is June 21st.
    Yes the problem is with fatty and fried food, I actually drink a lot of water and don't have any constipation problems.
    I'm not following any kind of diet, if you know a good diet please tell me.
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2015, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jomana View Post
    A reply for Doula, I'm sorry for taking long to reply,because I wasn't sure about the problem, I went to my doctor and she told me that It's Colon,so I need to avoid fatty or fried food. She told to follow a diet. Anothet thing that made me concern is that she found out that the head of my baby is down. She told me that it's not a bad thing but I need to rest a little bit so he could go up again. I found out that I'm having a boy. I need another advise from you, I live far from my family so I miss them so much,and I'm planning to travel in about 15 days on the 6 th or 7th of March, the trip takes from 6 to 7 hours by bus. Is it safe for me to travel and what are your advices for me. Thank you
    Congratulations... a boy! Great day for a possible birthday too... ;-)

Generally the bus travel shouldn't be a problem if you are able to walk around a bit now and then. Ideally you would have a seat belt available to use as well. Do you know if the bus will be making any stops along the way or is it straight through? If it doesn't stop, and you can't get up to walk a bit, at least be sure to drink plenty of water, and move your legs a bit. You can pump your feet up and down, rotate your ankles, lift your knees up and down. Try for a little every hour or so. The reason is to keep good circulation going in your legs. Sitting (or standing) for long periods is not good for anyone, but even more important to avoid when you are pregnant.

Check with your doctor about whether she has any concerns about you traveling. It may depend on where you are going and if she is comfortable with what facilities would be available should you have any difficulty. You should also double check with the bus company as they may have their own restrictions that you would need to know about.

As your doctor said, try not to worry about baby being head down. There is plenty of room still and babies will often change position for awhile still.

Mar 1, 2015, 06:14 AM
    Hi again,
    The last time when I went to my 22 weeks visit,my glycemic result was 0.92G/L
    So,my doctor advised me to stop eating any fefund sugaries or fruits that have a high sugar because she thought that the result was the limit.
    So this past 15 days I've been eating only oranges and kiwi.
    When I did the test gain yesterday it came back 0.93G/l
    I'm very worried right now that I might develop a gestational diabetic.
    Please tell me is it a high result, and what can I do?
    Tomorrow I'm going to my doctor and I have no idea what's she's going to tell me.
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2015, 12:22 PM
    Hi... your levels are right at the range where your doctor may consider you have gestational diabetes... they aren't overly high however. It will depend on what levels she uses.

Next step may be drinking a glucose solution or eating a prescribed meal, and then testing glucose level again an hour later. It can vary a bit from place to place as to what is done.

If you do get diagnosed with having GD, try not to worry. It can often be managed with diet and exercise. Check with your doctor about maybe meeting with a dietician or look online for recommended foods that have a low glycemic index. Exercise can be very helpful too.

I had GD with my last two pregnancies and all went just fine.

May 19, 2015, 12:41 PM
    Hello Doula,
    How are you?
    So,I'm 35 weeks in my pregnancy, at my 31 week visit to my doctor she told me that my baby is in a posterior position,but she's hoping that he'll turn.
    Today I went to see my mid-wife hoping that he changed his position but he didn't.
    She told me that I might have a painful labour and delivery.
    I'm trying not to freak out or to be stressed about what she said to me,so please is there anything I can do to change his position before birth.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2015, 07:33 PM
    I hope your midwife and doctor gave you some suggestions too. Babies often rotate to an anterior position prior to, or during, labor as they naturally fit better that way. Your positions during labor can sometimes help baby get into a better position. There are a few things that you can try, even during the last weeks of pregnancy, that are thought to maybe help encourage baby to rotate.

First is to avoid too much reclining. It is common to do the "pregnancy slouch"... where you lean way back in a chair or sofa. A better position would be to try and remember to sit leaning slightly forward... you can put pillows behind your back for support. Using a birth ball at the end of pregnancy, while watching television for example, may be helpful. It can help take some pressure off your lower back as well. You would straddle it, while holding onto the sofa, low table, etc. for support, and you can rock side to side. You can also kneel on the floor (a pillow under you knees for comfort) and lean over the ball as you rock back and forth and/or side to side.

Another option, if you have a straight back chair without arms, is to turn the chair around and sit facing backwards on the chair as you are leaning slightly forward against the back of the chair... a pillow in front of you to lean on can make it more comfortable. Pelvic rocks, while standing or on hands and knees is good to try once in awhile. Rock your lower pelvis forward and back, flattening the small of your back. Those are just a few ideas that may help; can't hurt.

If it is determined that baby is posterior while in labor, do your best to stay off your back... lie on your side (partner can rock your hips back and forth), walk, sit on birth ball, sit in a chair, kneel on the bed facing the back of the bed, which can be raised for you to lean against. With a posterior baby, the last place you want to be is on your back... listen to your body.

Enjoy these last weeks!! Pamper yourself when possible.

May 20, 2015, 10:03 AM
    Attachment 47424

I wiped this mucus that contains a little bit of blood,
    Is it possible that I lost my mucus plug?
    Uber Member

May 24, 2015, 04:01 AM
    Towards the end of pregnancy, you can sometimes lose some of the mucus plug and it can somewhat regenerate. While losing the mucus plug can be a sign that things are changing, it doesn't necessarily mean labor will start right away. When/If you definitely notice it, think of it as sign of preparation. Labor could begin fairly soon afterwards, or not for a few weeks or so.

Jun 11, 2015, 06:38 AM
    So this Monday I went to my last oppt and my doc told me that my cervix is short, thin and I'm 2 cm dilated and the baby's head is in his position.
    Last night I started losing this bloody mucus, and still wiping it every time I go to the bathroom.
    I'm not experiencing any serious contractions, just a bit of backache.
    Does it mean that I'm going into labour soon.
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2015, 10:55 AM
    You're at the anytime stage! Things might get going tonight, or not for a little while still. Not much longer... Do your best to pamper yourself in these final days. Wishing you a smooth birthing experience!
    Keep us posted!

Jun 14, 2015, 02:53 PM
    I went for a walk and when I came back I found my panties wet, I'm afraid that it was my water broke and I don't know.
    I don't have any contractions, and I really don't have any idea about how contractions are felt like.
    I only have this pressure down into my vagina, I feel him pushing and a fast pain down there.
    I hope you understood the feeling,
    Is it a kind of a contraction, and what I should do?
    I'm clueless, guide me
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2015, 03:01 PM
    Call someone! Get to the hospital! NOW!!!!

No I have no clue first hand either, but I have taken females to the hospital to deliver more than a few times.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eggs problem [ 1 Answers ]

When I got my lovebirds,they laid 6 eggs from which 3 came out n 3 didn't. After 1 month and a half, only 1 egg was laid and baby didn't come out. Then 3 were laid n same thing happened. Now I see that she is going to lay eggs and this time I want babies to come out. What can be the reasons of her...

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

Small Engine Carburetor Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an approx 10 year old Murray lawn tractor with a 20hp Briggs & Stratton twin cylinder engine. It has been running uneven for a little while. It will rev up and down in about a 2 second cycle. If I have a load on the engine (i.e. in drive with the blades engaged) it will run just fine for...

Girlfriend wants a break... small problem [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so this is my situation... I am in high school, and I met this girl at the beginning of the year who I really liked, and she liked me back and all was fine. I never really treated her like a "serious" girlfriend, although I would take her out occasionally. Now, she decided to break up...

Have a small problem [ 38 Answers ]

[ :confused: Hi I am running windows 98Se. Celeron 850MHz.ATI viedo card and creative sound blaster live. I have my on board sound card shut off. 256 ram. I don't know what else I can tell you about my puter... Ok here is my problem When I go on to the internet to check my email at Yahoo my...

View more questions Search