Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jomana Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2014, 06:54 AM
    Hello again,
    So I went today to my obgyn,I told her that the test was positive.
    She said that she'll see by an ultrasound, but the thing is she shocked me by saying that there's no sac.
    She told me to have a blood test and come back to her.
    So I went to have a blood test and thank god was positive,It was 640 mUI/ml
    And the estimated weeks on the blood test were 0-2 weeks.
    So please tell me is it normal for the Sac not to appear now? Or is there a problem
    Is my Bhcg level good?
    She told me to comeback in 10 days to see if the sac appeared.

Hello again,So I went today to my obgyn,I told her that the test was positive.She said that she'll see by an ultrasound, but the thing is she shocked me by saying that there's no sac.She told me to have a blood test and come back to her.So I went to have a blood test and thank god was positive,It was 640 mUI/mlAnd the estimated weeks on the blood test were 0-2 weeks.So please tell me is it normal for the Sac not to appear now? Or is there a problemIs my Bhcg level good?She told me to comeback in 10 days to see if the sac appeared.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2014, 07:12 AM
    Hi jomana, There is a wide range on what the hcg will suggest, so you will know more when you have the blood test repeated. In 10 days time, it should be substantially higher. At 640, you are definitely pregnant, but more will be known when you have the next scan. This early on, there wouldn't be anything to see on an ultrasound. Often not much is noticed until about 4 or 5 weeks. I know the waiting is hard... sending good thoughts!

Oct 12, 2014, 08:09 AM
    I totally forget to tell you that she gave me some medications
    "Gestagyn plus" that contains Omega3 ,folic acid and other vitamins,
    Utrogestan (progesteron) through vagina,
    Spasmodyl
    Are these medications necessary?
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2014, 11:13 AM
    I'd go with what your doctor has suggested for you. She knows your medical history better than anyone.

The Gestagyn Plus is merely a prenatal/multivitamin, which is wise to take during pregnancy, especially the folic acid early on. The Utrogestan is a progesterone, which many doctors and midwives will use to help maintain progesterone levels in the early weeks of pregnancy. This is more common if a woman has had a history of miscarriages that were thought to be due to low progesterone levels. Medications and herbal supplements, similar to Spasmodyl, are sometimes also used when there has been a history of miscarriages with the idea of quieting the uterus to prevent spasms or contractions.

It appears that your doctor is being proactive in trying various ways to help you maintain this pregnancy, especially since it has been difficult for you to become pregnant.

Oct 13, 2014, 12:36 AM
    Hello,
    I can't thank you enough for helping me,and I'm sorry for disturbing you every time.
    I have another question,I asked my doctor how many weeks I'm I in my pregnancy,
    She told me that she can't do that until she sees the sac,why is that?
    Aren't the weeks counted from the first day of last period?
    It's been 10 days since my husband and I didn't had sex,because I was afraid and I'm still afraid,
    Is it okey to have sex with my husband or not?
    The problem is my doctor doesn't explain so much,she always leaves me with so much concerns.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 13, 2014, 02:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jomana View Post
    I totally forget to tell you that she gave me some medications
    "Gestagyn plus" that contains Omega3 ,folic acid and other vitamins,
    Utrogestan (progesteron) through vagina,
    Spasmodyl
    Are these medications necessary?
    If your doctor gave them to you, why are you wondering if they are necessary. Sounds to be extra vitamins and hormone, which are proably necessary to achieve what you want.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2014, 03:42 AM
    No bother at all, we are happy to help when we can. It would be a good idea, however, to be sure to ask your doctor your questions as well as she is overseeing your pregnancy. We can help with offering additional information or explanation.

I know that sometimes doctors don't always remember that their patients are not going to be as familiar with the terminology or medications that they commonly use, and they may not always remember to offer more information or see if their patient has additional questions. I also know that it can be easy to forget what you want to ask, so it might help to write down questions as you think of them and then bring them to your next appointment.

Pregnancy is often counted from the last period, this is partly why there is a window of time at the end of pregnancy that is considered normal for giving birth in, as most women are not aware of when they ovulate, so an average is used. Many women are not actually pregnant in the first couple of weeks when pregnancy is counted using gestational age. A better gauge is to use fertilization age. Ultrasound does this by observing what is seen and taking measurements. In early pregnancy, babies will follow a pretty predictable pattern of growth. This does not hold true for ultrasounds late in pregnancy as growth patterns can be more varied. There are several markers that are used in the early weeks because they occur at common times, such as seeing the gestational sac. For example, what can be seen at 6 weeks will be different from what would be seen at 5 weeks. It is not exact, but it is accurate enough for dating a pregnancy and it will sometimes change a due date a bit from an original date using the last period. Even before baby is seen, your doctor can get a very good idea of how far along your pregnancy is just by seeing the gestational sac. That, along with knowing the date of your trigger injection, will give you a very good indication of how far along you are.

In regard to sex, give your doctor a ring to find out. Generally, as long as a woman has not been told to refrain from having sex, such as might be the case for repeated miscarriages in early pregnancy, sex is fine. However, since your doctor has you on Spasmodyl, it would be wise to check with her as she may want you to refrain until after your next exam. Best to be safe; check with your doctor.

Oct 22, 2014, 09:06 AM
    Hello again,
    I went today and we saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac,I'm very relieved now.
    She told me to comeback in 15 days to see the heartbeat but I honestly want to go back in a month.
    I think it's so much radiation for the baby,don't you think?
    She gave me Aspégic,she told me that it helps with the blood circulation.
    I don't want to take it,I'm very concerned,if everything is going well why do I have to take it?
    Please give me your opinion!

I forgot to ask if there's identical twins,do we see one yolk sac or two?
    I'm hoping for twins.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 22, 2014, 03:30 PM
    Congratulations! No, there is no radiation in an ultrasound. It's based on sound waves.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2014, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jomana View Post
    Hello again, I went today and we saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac,I'm very relieved now. She told me to comeback in 15 days to see the heartbeat but I honestly want to go back in a month. I think it's so much radiation for the baby,don't you think? She gave me Aspégic,she told me that it helps with the blood circulation. I don't want to take it,I'm very concerned,if everything is going well why do I have to take it? Please give me your opinion! I forgot to ask if there's identical twins,do we see one yolk sac or two? I'm hoping for twins.
    Did your doctor explain to you why she thought you would benefit from taking aspegic? Why she felt you needed something to help with blood circulation or prevent clotting? Do you have a medical history, either yourself or family, of clotting problems? Are you taking a small dose, such as 75mg a day? Again, if you don't have a history of concerns, it is likely just a precaution. I would ask her for more information since it concerns you.

I always wanted twins, until the fourth pregnancy, then I wasn't so sure anymore! Most often you would see two yolk sacs, but on occasion there could be just one.

As J_9 said, you don't have to worry about radiation with ultrasound. Seeing the heartbeat will be reassuring to both you and your doctor as the odds of miscarriage drop once the heartbeat is seen. This would also help your doctor confirm how far along you are.

Oct 22, 2014, 11:47 PM
    No,I don't have family history or myself in clotting problems.
    It's just precaution,the most thing that concerned me was when she told me if I experienced any brown spotting I need to stop taking it.
    That's why I don't want to take it.
    I'm not experiencing any bleeding or spotting,pain or cramps.
    I feel good and I don't feel nausea and I eat very well.

The dose is 100mg on the box is written that it's for babies
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2014, 03:15 AM
    With the small dose, it's not likely to cause a problem for you or for baby. I've seen several doctors recently start recommending a low dose as a precaution, but most often if there was a blood clotting concern, when an actual blood thinner was not required.

Glad to hear that you are eating well and feeling well! Hope your entire pregnancy continues to be smooth and easy!

Nov 5, 2014, 07:55 AM
    Hi,
    Well I went today to my doctor,I'm finally relieved,we saw the heart beats.
    The problem is I have a short cervix.I need to have a cerclage.
    She told me to come back in a month to give me a letter to go to the hospital and have it done.
    Is cerclage dangerous or painfull,I'm really scared now.
    Please give informations
    About it?
    She found out that I have a short cervix by touching with her fingers and not with ultrasound?
    It is a good technique to know with?
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2014, 03:34 PM
    Did she tell you what the measurement was? How far along are you right now? Do you know if she used a long stick looking device or just her fingers to determine that you have a shorter than expected cervix? A transvaginal ultrasound will be a better measurement tool, so you may ask her to check again through ultrasound when you get closer to the next time that you go in. You can then know if the ultrasound agrees with her findings through an exam.

There are different sorts of cerclage, your situation is not likely one to need the most invasive sort. A common cerclage is relatively quick, you will have anesthesia for the procedure, and can take pain medication after as needed. There is risk with any procedure, so all the more reason to have her check again... which she will anyway prior to the procedure, but even sooner than that could give you some peace of mind.

Nov 10, 2014, 09:30 AM
    I am 8 weeks now, she used only her fingers to determine and she told me that I have a very short cervix and you'll need a cerclage at 12 weeks.
    I went to mid-wife that I used to know and she has 50 years of experience.
    She also did the touch with her fingers and told me everything is fine with my cevix.
    Now I'm really comfused,I'm thinking of going to another obgyn to take another opinion.
    What do you think?
    Please give me guidance
    Thank you
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2014, 04:12 PM
    Since you have conflicting advice, I would definitely get another opinion, especially since a cerclage is an invasive procedure. While it is beneficial and necessary for some situations, it does carry some risk to it.

Nov 26, 2014, 02:41 PM
    Hello,
    I hope you're doing just fine
    I went to another obgyn that a lot of people advised me to go to,
    She's a very sweet doctor and explained everything to me,
    She told that I have a long cervix and that I don't have any problems of any kind.
    So,I'll continue with this doctor and no more going back to the other one.
    Thank you very much but I'll keep updating you for sure.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2014, 02:55 PM
    That is great news! I'm glad to hear that you like your new obgyn as well. Thank you for giving us updates as it is always nice to hear back from people who have asked questions.

Dec 14, 2014, 09:30 AM
    Hello,
    I think I'm having the flu because I feel the symptoms,I'm 13 weeks now and I'm afraid from the fever.I have an appointment with my doctor until Wednesday so I don't know what to do.please tell me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 14, 2014, 09:57 AM
    Tylenol/pandaol is okay to take for fever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eggs problem [ 1 Answers ]

When I got my lovebirds,they laid 6 eggs from which 3 came out n 3 didn't. After 1 month and a half, only 1 egg was laid and baby didn't come out. Then 3 were laid n same thing happened. Now I see that she is going to lay eggs and this time I want babies to come out. What can be the reasons of her...

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

Small Engine Carburetor Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an approx 10 year old Murray lawn tractor with a 20hp Briggs & Stratton twin cylinder engine. It has been running uneven for a little while. It will rev up and down in about a 2 second cycle. If I have a load on the engine (i.e. in drive with the blades engaged) it will run just fine for...

Girlfriend wants a break... small problem [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so this is my situation... I am in high school, and I met this girl at the beginning of the year who I really liked, and she liked me back and all was fine. I never really treated her like a "serious" girlfriend, although I would take her out occasionally. Now, she decided to break up...

Have a small problem [ 38 Answers ]

[ :confused: Hi I am running windows 98Se. Celeron 850MHz.ATI viedo card and creative sound blaster live. I have my on board sound card shut off. 256 ram. I don't know what else I can tell you about my puter... Ok here is my problem When I go on to the internet to check my email at Yahoo my...

View more questions Search