Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Magistic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2014, 02:35 AM
    I would like to invite a big US comedian in my country (EU)
    HI,
    I'd like very much to invite a really successful comedian from the US (Dave Chappelle) to my country (Western Europe).

My financial resources are inexistant and I imagine as a successful comedian he's expecting a large pay.
    I would like to avoid treating with booking agents to limit my costs.

I have never organized something like that, so how do I proceed ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 2, 2014, 08:02 AM
    Your financial resources are nonexistent, you mean. I would think you have absolutely no chance of getting him to your country if you can't pay him. In any event, you would have to go through his booking agent, who would probably make you aware of how much he charges. Forget it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2014, 08:05 AM
    First... find a lot of money. He won't go free... travel is expensive as are quality hotels and restaurants to eat... plus his time is valuable. And as tickle mentioned... once you have the ability to get the money... there are other procedures to follow, as he might be fully booked and not have time to travel internationally for another show or shows.
    Magistic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2014, 01:57 AM
    Thanks for your replies.
    @tickle: yes I meant "nonexistent" :)

When I said I don't have the money right now, I was implying:
    -How many people will I have to pay ?
    -Where do I find his booking agent's info, I'd like to ask him the price? Because during my searches through the web I found a few websites where it's possible to book him but they are expecting to get a cut, I'm not interested to pay immediately as I said I've limited resources for the moment.
    -Are there some big NO NO I should be aware of before organizing this? (from your experience)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 03:23 AM
    They all have agents, so you will have to book them though an agent. All big stars have companies they use, for booking travel and hotels, so those costs and the agents fees are all paid.

Also at your location, you will need to rent a venue, get any permits and pay for the advertising, That will require normally a advertising company.

You are talking 100's of thousand US dollars to get a large name person, to come for a show.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Female comedian 80's [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a video of comedians that was done in the 80's(early I believe). The show was hosted by Howie Mandel and had 1 women and at least 2 men. The woman talked about possibly marrying a british man and how her kids would act and also was going to make an album about gun sounds. Also...

Big fine country girls [ 0 Answers ]

Who sings that song

Freddie Prinze (the late comedian) and a female comedian of his era [ 0 Answers ]

Freddie Prinze (the late comedian) credited a female comedian/writer as an inspiration for some of his material. I seem to recall her raunchy material (for that time) created quite a controversy, but I cannot recall her name. Sophie keeps coming to mind. Can any help??

Canadian Comedian's Name [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for the name of a Comedian I saw on (I think) Comedy Now! A few years ago. A chubby white male (mid 30's I think). Some of his jokes were about sex in the shower and grabbing the shower rod, the flashing engine light on a car and how he grabs oil as his choice of repairs and something...

Best comedian? [ 7 Answers ]

Who do you think is the best comedian? Who has the best material to use and why? And its got to be funny I just need names and examples. I would appriciate the comments thanks!:D

View more questions Search