Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aefs33 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Transfer music from one computer to another
    How do I transfer music from laptop to PC. The music is in Windows Media Player.
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 5, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Can you burn it on a cd in mp3 format? Do you have a storage device?
    aefs33 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Whoa... this is for beginners... you asked if I had a storage device.? What's that? I have a Memorex travel drive. And I really don't want to burn a CD.. I just want the music that is on the laptop on the PC. And in Windows Media Player.
    Thank you for your quick response
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 5, 2007, 02:46 PM
    This all is really going to depend on how many songs you have. You can burn around 200 onto a cd in an Mp3 format. A storage device makes it so all you do is plug it into your computer and move it on that. Those are really your only options.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Apr 5, 2007, 03:00 PM
    The easiest way is to put the music tracks onto a CD first.
    I presume your laptop has a CD/DVD burner?

Go to the folder containing the music tracks and "right click". Now left-click on "send to".
    Your CD/DVD drive will probably be called Drive D - that's the one you want to send to.

Oh, and don't forget to put in a CD!

After a few minutes you will see a message bubble in the bottom-right hand corner telling you that "files are ready to be written to CD. Click Here"

You can either click on that or click on Drive D.
    The files will be written to CD and you can then put the CD into your other computer.

Be aware that if you want to put Windows Media Audio (WMA) format files onto an MP3 player you will have to convert them to MP3 format - you'll need to get a program to do that (I think there's a free one called Switch Sound Format Converter).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What & how do I transfer to a new computer? [ 2 Answers ]

What files and programs do I need to transfer? Am on really old computer now (only pentium r processor, win 98se--screwed up little, dial-up connection). How do I transfer things like 'favorite places', or mailbox, shortcuts, toolbars,etc... ---- not sure exactly what new computer will be, --...

Transfer speed from computer to external hard drive [ 44 Answers ]

I just transferred 4GB from a folder on my computer to a USB2 external hard drive and it took 45 minutes! From other transfers, it seems like this is way too long. 1. Is there a "standard" transfer speed that I should expect from a transfer like this? 2. Would doing other things on the...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search