Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleyva1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 05:33 PM
    How to file a counterclaim in superiorcourt?
    Being wrongfully sued for a dog bite. The dog is not mine.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2014, 05:37 PM
    What are you counter claiming? If the dog is not yours, you show up at the hearing with proof the dog is not yours and ask for the suit to be dismissed. Or you can file for a dismissal before the hearing. Why does the plaintiff think the dog is yours.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 06:56 PM
    First, OP should file a written answer with the court, stating that the dog is not OP's and OP did not cause the injury. To answer the question OP asked, a counter-claim would be included in this "answer" (although, like Scott-Gem, I don't see why a counter-claim would be warranted). This answer should be filed within the time specified in the summons (normally about 20 days).

If a hearing is scheduled, then, OP should show up and be prepared to prove that the dog was not his/hers.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2014, 03:33 PM
    Once you prove the dogs not yours and win, can the judge for Judgment against the plaintiff for you time and expense

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a second judge in a counterclaim re-open a prior dismissed case? [ 3 Answers ]

I filed a counterclaim against a plaintiff and had my hearing yesterday. The defendant did not show up for her case when she originally filed as plaintiff and that judge dismissed her case. However, the second judge yesterday allowed that defendant to provide details of her former case during my...

Can counterclaim be filed after the original case has begun? [ 2 Answers ]

Our original case (we were plaintiffs) was filed in April and our 1st court date was in May. We all met at court and the defendant raised a question about something that the judge then asked us to get him more information about and we were set another time to reappear in court. There were several...

Counterclaim in credit card case [ 18 Answers ]

I received a summons a couple of days ago. It say that I have 20 days to respond, but must respond in the form of a counterclaim as provide by Rule 13(a). (Panic!! ) well I have been doing a bit of research and, boy, am I confused, anyway I want to know how I proceed in responding this summons. ...

Judge Counterclaim Written Response Credit Card Debt Lawsuit Court [ 6 Answers ]

I am being sued by Zwicker and Associates for a debt they claim I owe. It is around $11750.00 I did show up for court. The judge stated that within 14 days I must file a counterclaim and that Zwicker must provide proof of debt. They have broken various aspects of the Fair Debt Collections Act. How...

View more questions Search