Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scotbel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 01:28 PM
    How do I find the hole in my pool liner?
    I have an above ground pool and am finding sand along the floor of the pool. I do not use a sand filter and the only place there is sand is underneath the pool. The sand keeps entering my filter and is clogging up my cartridge. I'm losing about 3 inches of water a week. May not sound like much but it is a 14,000 gallon pool. I'm assuming I have a very small hole along the bottom. I've looked but can't find it. Any suggestions?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2014, 02:16 PM
    Holes in Vinyl liners are notoriously difficult to find. Look at any fitting connection first, then snorkel along the bottom at the wall seam..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find a hole in the liner of above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way to find a hole in a liner of a 27' round above ground pool? The water keeps draining out below the filter basket and on one side I can tell air is under the top of the liner. I've filled it twice, but it drains within a day. I don't see any water outside of the pool anywhere, Help?

Hole in bottom of inground liner pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have an inground Clayton and Lambert pool, 37' X 19' by 8' deep on one end, 3' at the other end, steel walls and sand/cement bottom. I have a hole in the deep end bottom which tore a hole in the liner and lost about a 18 inches of water before I started pumping out the water to empty it. I...

Find and repair hole in above ground pool liner [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leak in the liner of above ground pool. How do I find and patch it? The pool was covered all summer and I wanted to fix air pillow and see there is only few inches water left. I started to fill and saw the soil around one area was getting very wet and summe that is where the leak is. How...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Inground Pool Liner- Large Hole Repair [ 3 Answers ]

When opening our 9 year old inground pool this year, we found a large horizontal tear in one corner of the deep end. The tear is about 3-4 feet wide. Can we repair this tear rather than investing in the purchase and installation of a new liner? I am envisioning something like a 4-by-4 foot sheet...

View more questions Search