Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lildove1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 12:40 PM
    Roof repair
    Need help for a 86 year old senior who has a very bad roof, it started leaking this past winter. Had a tarp put on and now that is not working it is leaking in the bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom. Lives in Lincoln Park, Mi.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 01:13 PM
    You might wish to try contacting these people and see if services are available in your area.

Senior Services Home Repair Program
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2014, 03:22 PM
    Churches often get involved in these types of projects also. May be a little late to get on the list for this summer, but worth a try. Even some roofers take on goodwill gestures in some areas.
    If you have an Office on Aging or similar organization they may have suggestions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 07:23 PM
    I agree, you need to talk to builders in the area and see if there are any non profit programs that may help.

Also talk to family and friends

Talk to your local religious group of your choice.

If a veteran talk to the service officer at the VFW or American Legion

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roof repair [ 2 Answers ]

I have a roof 10 years old, Architectural shingles. I am getting leaks coming through my living room ceiling. It seems to have happened when we got a wind blown rain. Had two roofers look at it... one used tar and renailed to fix loose shingles... and said roof was done poorly... (old...

I want to paint roof to repair [ 4 Answers ]

My roof does not leak and there is nothing wrong with it except the composite came off and mostly plain black asphalt shingles left. The city fined me because it looks like it may need repair. I told them it does not leak and nothing wrong with it. They said it does not matter if t does not...

Roof Repair [ 25 Answers ]

In September there was a huge windstorm and our roof and other property sustained significant damage. Insurance company sent us a check October 1st and it was in my name and my boyfriends name, BUT it appeared he had set up the coverage as if I were his wife with the same last name as his. On...

Roof Repair [ 2 Answers ]

A very large sction of my roof blew of in the Jan3rd storm.The roof is 3yrs old and is very damaged. One roofer said that I need a whole new roof. I also have copper on the roof and it needs to be replaced as well. Do you think my insurance co. will pay for this

View more questions Search