Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JB68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 07:36 AM
    The PTC starter relay went bad, I replaced it and the new one went bad in a day. Why?
    Mini-Fridge compressor wouldn't start. I removed the relay (6R8MG) and it didn't rattle, but the compressor metered out OK and the overload was OK so I replaced the relay. The compressor fired up fine but by the end of the day it quit again. I removed the new relay and it rattled. I connected 120 volts to the run winding and briefly touched 120 volts to the start winding and it fired up perfectly and ran until I disconnected power. What could be destroying the start relays?

Check out some similar questions!

The PTC starter relay went bad, I replaced it and the new one went bad in a day. Why? [ 0 Answers ]

Mini-Fridge compressor wouldn't start. I removed the relay (6R8MG) and it didn't rattle, but the compressor metered out OK and the overload was OK so I replaced the relay. The compressor fired up fine but by the end of the day it quit again. I removed the new relay and it rattled. I connected...

Diagnostic lite says upper limit switch or gas relay bad how to check gas relay [ 0 Answers ]

Gas package unit lites up and works about 2 minutes thenheat goes off diagnostic lite says upper limit switch or gas relay bad limit switch checks good where is gas relay

Will a bad furnace relay cause a programmable thermostat to lose power one a day and [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a situation where a honeywell programmable thermostat loses power and resets about once a day. When I go to reset the time and press 'run' it loses power again so I repeat resetting the time. Then it works again for about 24 hours. Not exactly 24 hours, sometimes more or less. But it...

Bad starter? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 1998 honda accord. If it sits it starts, but when you restart it it will not start. Is the starter going bad?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.