Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelle714 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2014, 08:18 PM
    80s Animated Movie About Shipwrecked Boy
    Hello,

I am looking for a cartoon film from around the 1980s about a young boy who is shipwrecked (I believe he was with his father on the ship but only the boy survived) and washed ashore on a beach. The premise as I remember it is very much like Gulliver's Travels except reversed: the boy was small and everyone else was big (I think his name was even Gulliver or Oliver).

He was rescued by a princess and taken back to the castle. There was a bad guy in the castle who made the boy do sort of circus tricks and put on a show for entertainment and do things like ride a fish (perhaps he was supposed to fight the fish and he ended up riding it instead) inside of a fishbowl.

I recall hearing the princess yell his name because she was upset of how other people were treating him.

I don't remember any other details.

Thank you!
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 11:08 PM
    Sounds like a cartoon based on
    Gulliver's second adventure in
    The land of Brobdingnag.

Los Viajes de Gulliver (83)
    Cruz Delgado

view trailer-
    (Spanish)

--
    chelle714 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2014, 07:58 PM
    That is it! Thank you so much, straydog! You've solved a 20 year long mystery!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An animated film in the 70-80s about a water boy and fire girl? [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to Remember the name of a film that came out during my childhood. I watch it shortly after watching "The Last Unicorn," however I am unsure if it was made during that time. What I remember is of two races one of water the other of fire. They looked like faires type charters. The boy and girl...

80s/90s Animated Film Where Boy Repaints the Animals in the Zoo [ 0 Answers ]

Okay.. So, there's this movie that I can see in my head, but I cannot for the life of me remember the title of it! It's driving me crazy! Okay, so it's an animated film from either the late 80s or 90s. It takes place at a zoo and somehow, I think some adult does this somehow, all the color from the...

80s animated film. About a boy, the fates, and a gryphon. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, when I was a little kid (5/6... late 80s) there was this movie that I was obsessed with. But it would ALWAYS scare the crap out of me. Honestly it wasn't meant for a child. I've been searching for the title, a screenshot, plot layout, SOMETHING for years now. Maybe you guys can help. I don't...

80s Animated - Last human boy being chased by robots [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie when I was young and at sometime in the 1980's. All I really remember is something about the last human boy being chased by a bunch of robots who I believe want to convert him into a robot. It is a futuristic setting and may involve space to some extent, but I can't remember. Any...

80s kids animated movie about a boy changes into a prince [ 3 Answers ]

I can not figure out the title to this movie. It was on television and there was only one (not a series) and the only things I remember were at the end a boy had to leap into several different cauldrons (1 hot, 1 cold, and I think oily) and he would emerge as a prince. There was also a town that...

View more questions Search